Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First outdoor shooting for 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default First outdoor shooting for 2011

Here's a pic of my shots from about 30 yards. Didn't shoot any farther than that because I didn't want to hike through the snow.

A.S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I didn't want to hike through the snow.

A.S
    Wimp!!!!

Sons

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

nice whats that target made of?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting looking target.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Basically plastic signs(cut to size) and a wood frame. The facing is building wrap, and the target is stuffed with an EXTREME amount of plastic(shrink wrap and and any other plastic you have laying around). The rope handle is threaded through the holes that I drilled it the wood frame.
    I also made one that has two sides to shoot at. I'll post pics of it later.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you scrounge up plastic signs and the stuffing from? Are you talking building wrap like Tyvek?
    Firecat 400

SonnyThomas

Default First outdoor shooting for 2011

Ain't shabby a bit. It's great to shoot outdoors. I have a new Pacific bale coming to replace my shot out bale. I did make up a wheel barrow of sorts to haul my target bale. I'll take a pic this afternoon. Basically, it's box with bicycle wheels and handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Where do you scrounge up plastic signs and the stuffing from? Are you talking building wrap like Tyvek?
    My Dad works for CocaCola, so that's where the signs and shrink wrap comes from(grocery stores just get rid of the shrink wrap). The building wrap is pretty much the same as Tyvek. You can also use tarp or burlap for the facing, and just about any type of plastic should be fine for stuffing(pellet fuel bags, grocery bags, etc.).

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    My Dad works for CocaCola, so that's where the signs and shrink wrap comes from(grocery stores just get rid of the shrink wrap). The building wrap is pretty much the same as Tyvek. You can also use tarp or burlap for the facing, and just about any type of plastic should be fine for stuffing(pellet fuel bags, grocery bags, etc.).

A.S

Here I thought he was a full time string building Super Shooting fool!

There seems to be no end to the supply of Walmart bags blowing around on windy days!

Is this type of target broadhead safe?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Your local department stores, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mt. and lots of others use a lot of this shrink wrap to bundle things together for shipment. Go ask them if you can rummage around in their dumpsters.

I don't think I'd use it for broadhead targets. It could get awful ugly trying to pull them back through. Better off to use some kind of solid foam for that. Even the layered foam like Block targets won't handle a lot of broadhead practice. It just slices them up. Besides, you shouldn't have to do a whole lot of practice with blades anyway. Enough to get them flying right and sight in. Other than that they can be put away and use field tip that are design for practice.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver