Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My local pro series dealer is a freaking joke

Post Thanks / Like

Default My local pro series dealer is a freaking joke

seriously i am freaking fed up with this jerk and i will never buy martin again. got a set of new cams and strings in for firecat 400 because of the bur that was on them. he tries 3 times to put the strings on right and finally it looks okay and then i draw it back and ive got the worst case of cam lean ive ever seen. and i ve been unable to tune it and it shoots all over and i cant figure out why. well my buddy bought the onza 3 and low and behold he put my frteaking strings on back arseward. and the kicker in this whole cluster is. his excuse for the cam lean is and i quote" you shoulda bought a bow tech" needless to say im livid and i want my money back.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like it is time to call Martin. That joker is giving Martin an undeserved bad wrap.

You shouldn't have to do it yourself but if you wanted to there is enough knowledge on this forum to get your Martin shooting better than any BT this guy can set up.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

im really at the point that i just want out. i love the bow and bought local with the hope of having a good dealer that could fix it if anything got screwed up and it turns out hes the one screwing it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is sad. Don't let that dealer ruin it for you. There are a bunch of guy's here that i know will be willing to help you get that bow tuned. However if you do wanna get rid of it shoot me a pm with a price, seriously. but i hope you keep it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know just how backwards the strings are. Could you elaborate? Maybe even post some pictures so we could see. Have you straightened it out? As a couple guys here have said, if we have some pics we could help you out.

It sounds like you have a "not so good" dealer. Chances are if he can't restring a Martin then he couldn't do a Bowtech either so that is not an issue, except maybe that he would make more profit from the sale of a Bowtech. I think it's a pretty poor dealer that would make such a statement. If he doesn't believe in what he sells he shouldn't be selling them.

Not to defend Martin, but it sounds like the dealer's workmanship might be questionable so this may or may not be a source of the cam lean. So ask yourself. What other brand bow would you buy from this guy? Are you really ready to trash a bow when the fault might lie with the dealer?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It sounds like it is time to call Martin. That joker is giving Martin an undeserved bad wrap.

You shouldn't have to do it yourself but if you wanted to there is enough knowledge on this forum to get your Martin shooting better than any BT this guy can set up.
    This forum and it's members are the reason I bought a Martin bow. I was set on getting a BT Assassin but saw the value of this forum and went Martin instead.

Same here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Its not the bow thats the problem, the 3 track cam system Martin uses will have less cam lean than most of the 2 track cams others use. If the cables were installed incorrectly by the dealer, its his responsibility to make it right. Make him correct the situation then find yourself a different PRO shop because it dosen't sound like this shop is very PROfessional.......just my 2 cents.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with elkslkayer, shot PSE forever but found this site and these guys who never hesitate to help or answer any question. Also agree that it sounds more of a dealer issue and possibly not the bow. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

a sad situation for sure. But Martin cannot be responsible for this guys actions(or lack of). Find another pro shop,and when you do,explain your bad experience to them. My guess is they'll bend over backwards to please you in an attempt to take business away from the competition.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

When I said call Martin its because Martin needs to know they have a bad egg out there handling their product. They may also suggest another dealer to take your bow to to have it fixed.
    Firecat 400