Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My local pro series dealer is a freaking joke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    When I said call Martin its because Martin needs to know they have a bad egg out there handling their product. They may also suggest another dealer to take your bow to to have it fixed.
    X2 MLN is right on.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dealers A Joke

a sad situation for sure. But Martin cannot be responsible for this guys actions(or lack of). Find another pro shop,and when you do,explain your bad experience to them. My guess is they'll bend over backwards to please you in an attempt to take business away from the competition.

Gotta agree with this. I doubt the guy could work on any bow he sold you.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

lucky for him when i went in one of his stoolies was working instead and there actually alright so they just let me borrow there press. i wont ever let any of them work on my bow again. im gonna keep it as once again im ripping fletchings off. i retuned it after i fixed it this morning and shoots like she used to. amazing difference. i would love to find a different dealer but he is the only martin guy around. there is a great dealer about an hour away but thats a ways to go to get a peep tied in. im just gonna have to get a press and all my own tools.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are budget oriented may I make a suggestion? Bowmaster Press. Although not as quick or easy as a larger press it costs a lot less and is portable and will get the job done. I have had one for about 6 or 7 years and use it probably once a week, on my bows and others.

The rest of the tools you need are pretty basic. Allen wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, utility knife, bow square, tape measure, nock-set pliers. A bow vice comes in real handy and a set of bubble levels for setting nocksets on strings, adjusting rests and such. You probably have some of this stuff already.

You'll find you need other things as time goes by, but this should get you started.
    Later you can add a digital scale for weighing arrows, a digital bow scale. A rool or two of serving material and server or two. Some kind of tackle box to carry all this stuff in.

OK, I'm going brain dead here for the moment.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

do you have any Gander Mtn, Cabela's, or Bass Pro around you? My experience with Gander's archery section has always been satisfying. Courteous, knowledgable, and fair pricing. And they're only 15 minutes away.
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads

Post Thanks / Like

i finally talked to the guy. were good he admits hes not as up to speed on the martin as he should be. hes a good guy i just might have flipped my lid a little. im keeping my firecat . great bow now that it shoots right again.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

nice! I'm glad everything worked out well for you. Maybe you could offer to teach him a thing or two. Make someone elses experience a little better.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

You still didn't post a picture of how he had the strings routed. Could you put it back that way and post one? LOL. Hey, you flamed the guy pretty badly---out of frustration I guess. It's good that you talked to him and are on better terms. Only thing I would advise for the future is that when/if you have him work on your bow you check it out before you leave the shop.

And I ain't gonna tell him how bad you flamed him-----not until I see him. LOL.

Have fun with your bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    seriously i am freaking fed up with this jerk and i will never buy martin again. got a set of new cams and strings in for firecat 400 because of the bur that was on them. he tries 3 times to put the strings on right and finally it looks okay and then i draw it back and ive got the worst case of cam lean ive ever seen. and i ve been unable to tune it and it shoots all over and i cant figure out why. well my buddy bought the onza 3 and low and behold he put my frteaking strings on back arseward. and the kicker in this whole cluster is. his excuse for the cam lean is and i quote" you shoulda bought a bow tech" needless to say im livid and i want my money back.
    Still think the dealer deserved the flaming.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Still think the dealer deserved the flaming.
    I agree.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com