Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peepless sights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peepless sights

Does anyone have experience with the peepless sights that are on the market?
    i.e.:: anchor sight,hindsight,rifle sight What are your thoughts?

SonnyThomas

Default Peepless sights

I tried the compound bow rifle sight. Okay, it works. BUT the price for the chunk of metal was way too much. I have the Display book for this sight. Many great pics of game taken and extreme long range target shooting. It's been on the market for a few years and I have yet to see one at our shop or the clubs I go to. So what's that tell you?
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 03-23-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Thanks. Just tring to figure best way to go. I've always used peeps but always had difficulty with them as far as target aquisition. Just looking to see what the alternitives are

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Eradicator w good results. I just like my peep better. If you're not crazy bout peep sights,try the string splitter.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default Peepless sights

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    Good point Thanks. Just trying to figure best way to go. I've always used peeps but always had difficulty with them as far as target acquisition. Just looking to see what the alternatives are
    Well, if having the kind of problem the rifle sight won't help. With the rifle sight you use your peep to center all - torque reducing thing.

I'd suggest having someone watch while you are sighting. You should be standing erect, looking at the target, draw and bring bow to you, not you go to the bow. Bow brought to you and anchored you should be looking right at the target and pin on the target, maybe not center, but on the target.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I've used the Eradicator w good results. I just like my peep better. If you're not crazy bout peep sights,try the string splitter.
    I've heard, or should I say read about a few problems with the String Splitter. Namely breaking strings or strands in strings. I can't confirm this as I've never personally encountered it, but I can imagine it. IMO it would occur because the peep is wider and spreads the strands and then those strands are served too close to the peep creating a sharp angle.

There is another peep on the market which is somehwat different and won't cause this problem. It's called Predator's View. Google it and you'll see. It is actually manufactured by the brother of a friend of mine. I don't use one, but it is a very nice machined aluminum piece with no sharp edges and comes in different sizes and colors. Expensive as far as peeps go, but what isn't these days.

I dn't remember seeing them in Martin's catalog but they were selling them last year. I think they had placed an order for about 1000 of them. That should say something about the peep.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

one drawback I see of the peep elimiator type sights such as the Peep Eliminator is that no matter how you look at it you still have a rear sight to align with your pin or front sight. How well you'd be able to see this in dim light would be my main concern. The Peep Eliminator has a light shining on it which uses batteries (expensive ones) that could burn out at a very unopportune time. Also, because it has a shorter sight radius I doubt you'd experience the same degree of accuracy as with a peep.

I just looked at the three mentioned above and pretty much feel the same about any of them. And the prices are out of this world for what you are getting. My guess, from experience, is that you could get acceptable accuracy by just using a kisser button and practice enough with it to get similar results.

In the past I have tried using just a pin or front sight and a consistent anchor to get about 3" groups at 30 yards---with no peep. This does take pretty consistent form which takes some time to tweak the draw length of the bow so you can obtain a consistent anchor, but it can be done.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BF i've looked at predetors view and they definately piqued my interest I'll look into them further

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a STRING SPLITTER and it is too much weight and slows the fps. I don't recommend it. I use a jim flecher peep that is very thin walled. When I look through it, it seems to disappear.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

a guy i was shooting with at the indoor 3d range had a peepless sight system on his bow (x-force vendetta) what it was was another pin that he lined up so it was just to the left of the pin he was aiming with. so when he shot he said you just have 2 pins right next to each other. he said he loved it. but honestly he was shooting pretty bad.
    2010 Firecat Tr1, tru-glo microbrite, NAP Apache, X-coil Beman ics 400