Thread: i need a new idler wheel for a '10 cheetah

Post Thanks / Like

Default i need a new idler wheel for a '10 cheetah

I have a martin cheetah and my idler wheel isnt perfectly round and even has a little flat spot on it. I've been looking for them but cant find one. Can i put any idler wheel on it or does is have to be for a martin cheetah.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are the original owner Martin will replace it. I wouldn't use another brands wheel even it's possible to put it on the Martin limb.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    If you are the original owner Martin will replace it. I wouldn't use another brands wheel even it's possible to put it on the Martin limb.
    is it personal preferance/opinion or is there chance of damage to other parts of the bow? It doesn't seem like it would hurt anything so long as it's the same size. But I don't know for sure.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know for sure too. If the wheel is EXACTLY the same it won't hurt anything i guess, but i can't say whether there are 2 similar idler wheels on the market. And by the way if you have to buy a new wheel why not take the proper one?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think it would matter as long as it is a proper replacement. Some things that I can think of off the top of my head that need consideration are these: pulley diameter, axle diameter, axles spacers, pulley groove size/depth. I'm sure that I may have overlooked something but that is a start anyway.
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I don't know for sure too. If the wheel is EXACTLY the same it won't hurt anything i guess, but i can't say whether there are 2 similar idler wheels on the market. And by the way if you have to buy a new wheel why not take the proper one?
    oh I agree. I'd much rather use the proper wheel,for sure. Another Cheetah could probably b had on ebay for cheap,also.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

thanks its hardly noticeable so i might just leave it alone. i am the original owner but i never sent in or saved my reciept and i bought it off an ebay store new and i know they dont like covering stuff bought on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbow View Post
    thanks its hardly noticeable so i might just leave it alone. i am the original owner but i never sent in or saved my reciept and i bought it off an ebay store new and i know they dont like covering stuff bought on ebay.
    If you bought it new from an authorized Martin dealer I doubt whether it will matter whether he advertised on Ebay or not. There are authorized dealer selling on Ebay. Being as it is a Cheetah it's of recent manufacture and should be under warranty. I'd give customer service a call and see what they'll do. You have nothing to lose.

1-800-541-8902. Check the serial number of the bow on the botton limb sticker. The first two numbers are the year of manufacture.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If you bought it new from an authorized Martin dealer I doubt whether it will matter whether he advertised on Ebay or not. There are authorized dealer selling on Ebay. Being as it is a Cheetah it's of recent manufacture and should be under warranty. I'd give customer service a call and see what they'll do. You have nothing to lose.

1-800-541-8902. Check the serial number of the bow on the botton limb sticker. The first two numbers are the year of manufacture.
    Yes i agree call them,i got a grip replacement under warranty and i got my bow from a AT dealer,no questions asked.
    They will most likely tell you to take it o a authorized dealer to have it done or send it back to martin.