Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the longest you have ever shot your bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Just recently with the new Bengal out to 60 yards into the small block type target. I've always been a 40 yd. and under shooter because in my mind I was only focused on my hunting situations. But due to some of the conversation on this site I decided to stretch it a bit. It is a challenge. I'm working towards 80 yds. but it'll be a while.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy has an outdoor paced off to 60. and i only have pins to 60 but i can keep it on a paper plate at 60
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Post Thanks / Like

18 years now with my Pro Safari.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    You may be the winner, that is pretty long. Much longer than 100 yards.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Along that line, Bought my Darton Fury ( now ES's ) in 1972, and shot it last Nov.
    At targets, couldn't tell you how many times I've shot the 80 yd WU in a field round, but I do have my 4-20 pin for it. Back in the late 60"s, the wife and I went to a lot of novelty shoots, one of them, the Fresno Safari always had a clout shoot at about 140 yds, I always managed to hit it. In fact saw my first coupound there, and was amazed at how flat it shot, compared to the Hoyt Pro Metalist I was shooting. Longest shot with a compound was 103 yds at Babe, a 3D Blue elephant, just out of the kill.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Cool long shots

125 yds. @ 6 " balloon ..playing around after tournament..started out shooting for quarters @ 50 yds. ...then we started moving back of parking lot at the range .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    We need safety parameters established. That way we know to either wear knee boots, hip waders, and with what polaris754 has, Chest waders.
    No problem. Get you a scuba tank and regulator. That way you'll be able to breathe no matter how deep it gets. It doesn't help with the smell though.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    my buddy has an outdoor paced off to 60. and i only have pins to 60 but i can keep it on a paper plate at 60
    I'll bet that piece of paper is the size of a bed sheet!!!!!!!!!!LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently moved my little black hole layered target out to 65 yards with the new Silencer. Groupings aren't too bad, but will be much better once my Smooth Stability stab arrives! Then I'll be shooting out to 80 yards, with some more practice
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'll bet that piece of paper is the size of a bed sheet!!!!!!!!!!LOL.
    Ihit the broad side of a barn once at 100 yds really big barn!