Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is the longest you have ever shot your bow?

Post Thanks / Like

un measured not sure used to fling arrows all over the place as a kid shoot at stuff just to see if i could hit it some of them from a long ways off.. last spring I drew my Bow an aimed Sky ward in a large field like i did as a kid Just to show my son How far my arrow would go.. He asked I showed him rather he see me do it them try him self.. any one care to guess How far a 500 grain arrow will go outa a 70 lb bow will go ...OUTASIGHT. to fall back to earth 100 yards away..
    Know distance I hit a peanut @ 103 yards twice...lol 3D Elephant our club has.. lots of 80's,like to practice @ longer distance makes the shorter shots easyer
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    un measured not sure used to fling arrows all over the place as a kid shoot at stuff just to see if i could hit it some of them from a long ways off.. last spring I drew my Bow an aimed Sky ward in a large field like i did as a kid Just to show my son How far my arrow would go.. He asked I showed him rather he see me do it them try him self.. any one care to guess How far a 500 grain arrow will go outa a 70 lb bow will go ...OUTASIGHT. to fall back to earth 100 yards away..
    Know distance I hit a peanut @ 103 yards twice...lol 3D Elephant our club has.. lots of 80's,like to practice @ longer distance makes the shorter shots easyer
    I shoot only my trad bows in the sky. With the compounds it's not fun - the arrow vanishes after about 100m. May be it'll be fun to shoot an arrow with a lumenock in the night sky. At least people will know where to find you in case the arrow lands in your head
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

years ago i shot a York round that included a 100 yard target (FITA 48" face") and that was with a 38 pound recurve. not everybody hit the target.

Post Thanks / Like

This year so far the longest was at a 3D bowshoot yesterday. They has a Buffalo target at 66 yds. Like to say I "X" ringed it, but I choked.....hit high just outside the "8" in the shoulder.

I use to practice on a 100yds range quite a bit decades ago, and a few of my hunting buddies and I use to launch arrows a long ways out into in dry meadow at our hunting camp to see who could get closest to a small dark bush.........can't remember what we measured it at, but it was every bit of 300yds and a couple of us overshot it now and then.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    lucky it didn't hit the top of your head.

Post Thanks / Like

shot at deer a couple of years ago at 83 yards and didn't hold high enough. arrow fell about a foot short, deer just stood there looking at where arrow hit the grass and then booked out of there like his butt was on fire.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ttt.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

110 yards at my deer target just kept moving back 10 yards at a time till I ran out of room
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

The range I go to has a 4' x 4' square target with the print of an elk set out at 80 yards. I only have up to a 60 pin. Raised a little skyward, I hit the target at the bottom middle. A little higher and I hit right above his shoulders below his antlers. Needless to say, I was just happy I hit the target! lol

I do shoot out to 60 yards every once in a while, and shoot at 40 quite regularly. When I really concentrate, I cant put 2/3 in the 2" circle at 40, but usually hit groups about 5-6" at that distance... I need to practice more!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

So far just 60. Would like to stretch it out some just to be able to do so and help with my effective range.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff