Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: to shoot or not to shoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default to shoot or not to shoot?

well my fellow archers im coming to you with a mind numbing question.well mind numbing for me .since i broke my jaw and im now home after being plated and screwed,i am wanting to go shoot my bow.the doc said i cant lift any more the 15 lbs.he never said anything about pulling back oh lets say 60 lbs.i will turn it down from the 73 its at.but im just wanting a bit of advise befor i tromp out in the yard and maybe do something stupid,i am on pain killers so i do feel better then i probly am,but i did go to work today and now hurt worse then i did yesterday......so what yall think shoot it up or hang it up for a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    well my fellow archers im coming to you with a mind numbing question.well mind numbing for me .since i broke my jaw and im now home after being plated and screwed,i am wanting to go shoot my bow.the doc said i cant lift any more the 15 lbs.he never said anything about pulling back oh lets say 60 lbs.i will turn it down from the 73 its at.but im just wanting a bit of advise befor i tromp out in the yard and maybe do something stupid,i am on pain killers so i do feel better then i probly am,but i did go to work today and now hurt worse then i did yesterday......so what yall think shoot it up or hang it up for a bit
    I say take it easy and hold off,that bow will still be there when you have healed up.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Hang it up untill you can consult with your doctor on shooting. He will most likely frown on the idea.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I say take it easy and hold off,that bow will still be there when you have healed up.
    I'm going to have to agree with SL, I don't think it would be a good idea to shoot just yet. Lord willing you will be healed up in no time and back shooting.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax sit back and heal. Or we will break your arms.
    Listen to your elders.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Relax sit back and heal. Or we will break your arms.
    Listen to your elders.

Hutch
    sir yes sir............well think i will hang it up..i need my arms.lol..got to work and jaw is not needed so much.thanks fellas my wife is locking it up

Post Thanks / Like

The doc might not want you to get your blood pressure too high right now. That might be why the seemingly unrelated 15 lbs limit.
    Firecat 400

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

yup. Time to chill for a bit. Watch some youtube hunting videos,hunting mags. You'll be better soon
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default to shoot or not to shoot?

I agree with others. Try to push and you may have a set back and a bad one. And when you are able, start with a kid's bow, say 10 to 12 pounds and go from there. Give them muscles time to remember and rebuild. That's how I got back, though from having my bow hand rebuilt. Talk about ouchie....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah take it easy for now give yourself a chance to heal