Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowcat owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shadowcat owner

First until this new change to the board I could post topics and pictures. Now I had to re-register cause the site doesn't recognize my original id and password.

Second..
    i have a shadowcat and it is a great bow for me because I have a very long draw length, 33.5. I am however have some difficult times tuning it beyond 40 yards. Beyond this mark I am all over the place. 2 arrows on the mark and the next 2 not even on target. I am very consistent with my anchor points and release. I have even numbered my sticks and have not found any difference. I switched from a moab to this bow for draw length and with the moab I could nail a gnats *** whenever I wanted to. I have spent countless hours in a Techno hunt and know how to hold draw release etc. I have paper tuned and so to great extent and still with the shadowcat I am having troubles. I have cat 2 cams and had it cronoed at 295 with 70 lb draw weight at 33 inch draw and 460 grain stiff splined sticks. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default long draw

I am 6'4'' and until last year had a draw about 31''. Had some problems with grouping at longer distances too and on the recommendations of a few guys had a photo taken of myself at full draw. Good move as I was leaning back at full draw, a sure sign of too long a draw length. My d/l now is about 29 1/2'' and grouping is great. Unless you are VERY tall and have extra long arms it just might be your D/LUnless you can see it your self you may not believe it. Worth a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

If you could post a picture of you standing at full draw and aiming at a target at shoulder height we could help you. Such a picture should be from the feet up. Without knowing you or seeing you I'd almost have to think your problem is draw length related. You say you have a 33.5" draw length, but for this to be correct or nearly so you'd have to have about an 84" wingspan. If you don't know what wingspan is then just say it often correlates to your height or close to it. In other words, for 33.5" to fit you you'd have to be about 7' tall.

The fact that you stated you could shoot a Moab, which goes to 31", very accurately leads me to believe that a shorter draw length fits you better. If you are a tall person then the longer a2a of the ShadowCat is a wise choice.

You just wait till Montalaar gets on here. He's a tall person with adraw length of about 32" so he understands what I'm talking about. Also he has a ShadowCat or two. Just like bigboob says, he's 6'4" and shooting 29.5" so he has learned. Most people I know, some of them professional archers, that are 6'3" or so shoot right at about 30" draw. And if shooting a strng loop the bow's draw length is just a bit shorter.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Shadowcat owner

Improper draw length does show at longer distances.

If you have read of my posts I am not a lover of paper tuning - only to see if arrow is coming out of bow cleanly.

Walk Back tuning suffices for most shooting, but French tuning is my preferred long range tuning.

Post Thanks / Like

Here i am.

I own 2 ShadowCats, both set to 32" with a very short valley and really not that much of Letoff. I have no problems to get that bow to group at different distances. My centershot is far to the right, my sight far to the left. I tuned it this way, it looks like crap but it works great. I know that my drawlength is just right for me, i can even bend my bowarm. I tried a Warthog with 31" and i could not shoot it.

I'd say: 33.5" with a ShadowCat is nearly impossible to shoot. 33" is the upper end of the drawlength range.

So if you tell me that you can shoot both i must guess that something is plain wrong here. You are more accurate with a shorter drawlength so i'd guess the shorter one is the better and rather right one.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default typo

Bfisher I know it was a typo but bigBOOB? lol Also agree on all you say on drawlength.

SonnyThomas

Default Shadowcat owner

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Bfisher I know it was a typo but bigBOOB? lol Also agree on all you say on drawlength.
    bf may have remembered that "picture" just about the same he was multi-tasking - using two fingers to type. Then again, he is a scuba diver...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Did I really do that? LOL. Sorry 'bout that.

Sonny, I do not type with two fingers. I do have short pinkies so can only use three fingers on each hand, though. That's one of the reasons I misspell a lot.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was hilarious!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Did I really do that? LOL. Sorry 'bout that.

Sonny, I do not type with two fingers. I do have short pinkies so can only use three fingers on each hand, though. That's one of the reasons I misspell a lot.
    If YOU misspell a lot... What do i?

But hey, let's get back on topic and see what the original poster wants to do. I still believe that his draw is too long.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL