Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for new bow

Post Thanks / Like

the exile is a nice bow,mods and draw stop to get you in a good dl.its a short a2a bow.i think 31 1/4.really fast shooting bow.my buddy just got one,and he loves it.i use a hostage rest because i drop my arrow in and go.it dont fall and i just like it.i have never used fallaway rest so i cant comment there.all and all it a good bow.but go out and shoot a few and see what you like.happy hunting....and good to have ya on the forum

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all the input. And I did finish reading that thread on AT. Boy there sure are a lot of opinionated folks over there. I have to say that over the years I've owned a few other brand bows besides my Martin.......Jennings, Darton, Bear. Nothing glaring ever stood out with the quality. The only complaint that comes to mind was a Jennings Buckmaster 2000. The flim dip was missing in a few spots. Bear/Jenning offered to redip it for me but I just used a permanent marker. The bow shot great. Pretty forgiving. I couldn't shoot my Darton to save my life so I sold it. I guess it just didn't fit me but it was nicely made so I can't bash it for my lack of shooting form....lol. All in all I think the manufacturers produce a decent product. All mechanical things can have issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    All in all I think the manufacturers produce a decent product. All mechanical things can have issues.
    Try telling some of the AT members that.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    LOL.......I'll try to get back to it today. What do you guys think of the NAP 360 rests that come with the package? I've read a lot of negative reviews of them. Should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to a drop away? I know a lot of people seem to like the Whisker Biscuits as well.
    The NAP 360 is a decent package rest, just make sure the nock point is set correctly or it will wear the arrow support pretty quick. For a single cam bow, the Trophy Taker Pronghorn SL is a very good, well made, simple drop away that is relatively inexpensive.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

get a sliencer for 499. there a killer bow. basically identical to the firecat 400 but with a slightly different riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

well its like this what ever u dont like send it to me i am very forgiveing , the key word is i have no money !!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OK Guys.......Ordered my Exile package this morning from Bowzmart. They even throw in a free Plano hard bow case and with free shipping, I consider that quite a deal for $399.00. Polaris, you'll be first on my list for unwanted archery accessories