Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: loud bow solutions

Post Thanks / Like

Default loud bow solutions

i was at the range yesterday and a guy remarked that it sounded like a 300 going off. i have string silencers but i guess it still is kinda loud

Post Thanks / Like

well first off was this guy a "other bow shooter" and just giving you a hard time because of your martin.i have had people do the same to me just trying to mess with me head.but how is your cam timing,are your silencers tied in good,if not go get some cat wiskers,all i have is cat wiskers and sts and im quiet.check all bolts make sure ther ther nice and tight,wax your string,and make sure your string isnot bouncing off you sleave when you release it makes a nict thump sound

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure others will chime in soon, but make sure all your bolts are tight so that nothing is rattling around and make sure your cam timing is spot on. That can make things loud. Try adjusting your string supression system and see if it quiets down.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't listen to somebody that makes a comment like that. If he wants to be helpful he should help you traack down the source of the noise. Now let's get to it. Just what bow is it and how is it set up. List all accessories, arrows and all the details. Many times it not so much the bow but the accessories so we need it all. Bow weight, draw length. Everything.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

hes a good friend and hes right it is kinda loud. how do i know if my cam timing is on or not?

Post Thanks / Like

o yeah its a fire cat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Don't listen to somebody that makes a comment like that. If he wants to be helpful he should help you traack down the source of the noise. Now let's get to it. Just what bow is it and how is it set up. List all accessories, arrows and all the details. Many times it not so much the bow but the accessories so we need it all. Bow weight, draw length. Everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    o yeah its a fire cat 400
    You didn't help Barry out any. More info is needed.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

like barry said info,info,info...and pics of cams full bow and al you have on your bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha, would you look at this. Two guys sitting around like vultures waiting for you to post more so they can jump in. Welcome fellows. Take over for the night. I gotta get up at 5:00 so I'm going to bed.

I'll just sign off with the idea that it's cam timing or light arrows.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

not light arrows i shot 340 st epics at 29 inches. ill break my bow out in the am and take some shots of the cams. full draw? or at rest?
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.