Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FC400/QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD Interference

Post Thanks / Like

What if you move rest further back then angle down to where tip of launcher just barely touch shelf,maybe then you can adjust it better.kinda like a overdraw!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    What if you move rest further back then angle down to where tip of launcher just barely touch shelf,maybe then you can adjust it better.kinda like a overdraw!.
    I played with that and didn't like the outcome. Maybe if grinding alone doesn't do I can try again. I have yet to search AT and see if someone there has encountered it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Cut the containment bar,I was told the QAD don't not fit because of the TRG and that was the solution.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Cut the containment bar,I was told the QAD don't not fit because of the TRG and that was the solution.
    Ouch! Is that the only way to fix this problem? If so i would be Cut the containment rod off a hundred dollar rest? Not sure i would do that. Go back to your shop and see if you could do a swap with one that does fit. Maybe an apache? I love those rest as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Ouch! Is that the only way to fix this problem? If so i would be Cut the containment rod off a hundred dollar rest? Not sure i would do that. Go back to your shop and see if you could do a swap with one that does fit. Maybe an apache? I love those rest as well.
    Thats what I have been told,I was interested in the QAD til that,but ordered the Ripcord Code Red ,suppose to be no problems with clearance.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered it on line and may send it back if they will take it in exchange for another. If not I'll just try sell it. I'm not going to cut off the bar that is for sure.

If I get a different rest I would try a Apache or TR Revolution. Both have the same feature I wanted with the QAD, arrow stays up at slow let down. The Apache looks kinda hard to load an arrow and looks like it could be a pain if you are doing a lot of shooting. I have yet to see how to load the TR Rev. I know the CR is good too and that is an option. I need a drop away as I plan to shoot FOBs.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

The QAD's won't work on the FC400 unless you completely remove the bracket that holds the containment bar. The center shot sets up a little inside, so grinding away some of the bracket still won't give enough clearance and I strongly suggest NOT grinding the carbon TRG rod. The Rip Cord gives plenty of clearance, not sure on the other rests you mentioned though, haven't setup any of those.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default And I was so close to setting up my bow!

That is not what I wanted to hear Archerx7! I thought I had done my home work on this rest but overlooked the placement of the TRG rod. It's certainly not QADs or Martins problem, it's mine. I just can't see cutting the containment arm off a brand new rest.

I will either sell it or exchange it for another rest. The wait starts all over now.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

It is too nice of rest to butch up so I decided to sell it. I mounted the padding on the containment arm and launcher so I can't expect to return it.

I will look into some new rest options. I like the Code Red with the exception of two things. 1. No slow let down capability 2. The thumb cocker position.

If anyone is interested in buying the QAD from me click here.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the trg could be moved down like where the sts is on the older martins