Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another broadhead thread....

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had nothing but bad experiences w Muzzy 100gr 3blade so I've never been inclined to use any of the others. Are you set on Muzzy or open to suggestions? Did you order your HT arrows yet?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I have shot both the original 3 and 4 blade muzzy and the 3 and 4 blade in the MX series. The MX 3 blade flies best for me (right on w/ zero planing) and I like the cut width. The MX is definately an improvement. I do recommend you look around though and find the best for you, there's a bunch of quality BHeads out there. Swap and exchange w/ some buddies so it doesn't cost you an arm & leg.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My son and I have used many kinds of broad heads. From mechanical to non. We stick to non mechanical less worries. My son shot muzzy 4 blades @ 40yards, the arrow flew erratic and went end over end. This not to say muzzy is a bad broad head. Because they are not they have made substantial changes to their line. But after seeing that he sold them and bought different ones. I myself got carbon express F-15 fixed blades. I have found so far that they fly superior to any I have owned. I didn't need to tune them, for right out of the package they hit the same place my field point hit. So far I am impressed with them. They are a bit pricey but they should last.
    F15 carbon express.jpgCE F15.jpgCarbon Express F15.jpg

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses. @ hawgenvy I am pretty much leaning to the ST's just wanted input on the MX3' really, and no didn't order the HT's but kept your info, bought new GT's not long ago and really like them.

@ Hutc that is one wicked looking BH
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Ole 3 blade Muzzy's for me, get great flight, don't dare to try and shot groups of field points and Muzzys, as the Muzzys keep cutting the vanes off whatevers in the target.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've had very good luck with the Shuttle T-Lock's. Don't want to shoot groups with them either.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I shot 3 blade muzzys and am going to use them again[old style] they fly perfect out of my cheetah. no problrems so far out to 40 yds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    My son and I have used many kinds of broad heads. From mechanical to non. We stick to non mechanical less worries. My son shot muzzy 4 blades @ 40yards, the arrow flew erratic and went end over end. This not to say muzzy is a bad broad head. Because they are not they have made substantial changes to their line. But after seeing that he sold them and bought different ones. I myself got carbon express F-15 fixed blades. I have found so far that they fly superior to any I have owned. I didn't need to tune them, for right out of the package they hit the same place my field point hit. So far I am impressed with them. They are a bit pricey but they should last.
    F15 carbon express.jpgCE F15.jpgCarbon Express F15.jpg

Hutch
    have you shot anything w those yet? I almost picked some up but was leary of the flight. The look like thaid do some damage
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    have you shot anything w those yet? I almost picked some up but was leary of the flight. The look like thaid do some damage
    I got the f15 last year. Haven't shot anything yet, I will this year. I will be trying them at 60yards next. I like them because they are solid and rigid. Ike's outdoors gave a good review and some on broadhead talk. Honestly they have shot like darts for me.
    Here is the commercial hype http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/c...-15-dual-blade
    here is the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRLcTk3Q90
    here is broadhead talk http://www.broadheadtalk.com/broadhe...xpandable.html

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the links, Hutch. maybe ill end up shootin those this fall.