Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FC400/QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD Interference

Post Thanks / Like

Default FC400/QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD Interference

* Edit* I used an optional spacer that was provided by QAD and no longer had any interference. See my other posts.

I was mounting my QAD and noticed the upper capture arm is hitting my TRG/SOS rod. I was trying to raise the rest a bit but am limited because of the rest to rod contact. I can make it work as is but it seems like the launcher arm is slapping the arrow shelf slightly. This may cause the rest to prematurely wear out I'm told.

I have a few options:

1. Grind a bit of the TRG rod away. Will that cause it to snap? it looks to be fiberglass and not steel.

2. Grind a bit of the rest away where it hits. A few swipes of a file and a black pen would be all it takes IMO. There goes warrant and any resale value most likely. It will only give me about 1 mm and I'm not sure if that is enough?

3. Leave it be and see what happens.

My free spirit says break out the grinder. My alter ego says you may regret that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-13-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check to see if the rest is level on the riser? If not loosen the rest mounting bolts and put a level on the top of your rest (above the mounting screw) on the top of the rest mount. This could be a level issue. But anyway.....So you don't have to modify anything you could just off set the rest a little so it won't be level but instead be more so slanting a little back down toward your bus cables. The rest still should work fine from this position as long as you have it timed right.

Post Thanks / Like

with out knowing about your rest because i use a hostage,i would say bust out that grinder.i dont buy stuff to resale,i buy it to use it till it breaks or give it to a guy who cant afford it when i up grade.resale never crosses my mind.so grind it till you find it...or wait till a tech guy comes in with a option that will work for resale

Post Thanks / Like

I played with that and don't see it giving me the room I need. I can't go to the left or the center shot will be way off.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

can you take it back and get the cheaper model and that bar would be offset and not touch like the one you have.......

Post Thanks / Like

Gravedigger, I try not to give away $100 rests. My wife would give me away!
    Last edited by MLN1963; 03-26-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Bust out that grinder than.......but use it on the rest and not the TRG. but its up to you. Let us know what you decide and how it come's out.

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, if I don't break out the Dremel or file first!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the TRG rod is the cheapest to replace. I just don't want the rod breaking under tension.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I bet the TRG rod is the cheapest to replace. I just don't want the rod breaking under tension.
    That TRG rd might be the cheapest to replace but, the file to the rest would be safest....