Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of my new Truglo Xtreme Tooless 5-pin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    How do you like that bodoodle!
    I'd say that it's my best rest yet. I shoot very accurately with it, and I don't have to worry about drop speed or my arrow falling off the rest.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    Hey congrats did you get it for your B-Day? It looks great.

I know you have been looking forward to getting it. Enjoy. I hope you get to use it soon and often.

I hope my Copper John looks as good when I get it.

Will
    Yes, I got it for my birthday. I've shot indoorswith it, now I just got to finish sighting it in(at 18 yards) and then when the weather isn't windy or cold, I can do outside shooting with it.
    I kept the Range Rover which this new sight replaced, and I will probably put in on the new Martin Firecat 400 that I hope to get in the future.
    I'm sure that the Copper John will be just as good.
    A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

You have any trouble with your Tru Glo starbursting on you? I usually end up putting tape around the outside to block some of the light from the fiber wraps. I've had several Tru Glo sightgs with my current being the all green 5-pin with depreciating pin sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Here's the pics I said I'd do. I'm very impressed with this sight so far. I can't find anything bad about it. I haven't shot outside with it yet, but I will soon.........
    I'm using the standard version of the Tru-Glo Xtreme (next step down from yours), and have been very happy with it.......and really like it outdoors and in timber.

Back not quite two years ago, the sight I had on my old firecat finally broke, so went shopping and compared several in the store. The Tru-Glo Xtreme was the brightest one there, especially of those within the under $100 budget I set.

Barely two months later I bought the Bengal and decided to move the practically new sight over to it.
    I rarely shoot my old old finger bow now, but been toying with thought of putting the standard Xtreme back on it, and getting the Xtreme micro adjust version for the Bengal.
    Maybe in the 0.019" pin size this time instead of the 0.029" I have now. The 0.029" seems a bit too big at longer ranges

Quote Originally Posted by boothill View Post
    You have any trouble with your Tru Glo starbursting on you? I usually end up putting tape around the outside to block some of the light from the fiber wraps........
    I do that sometimes too......keep a piece of short piece of black electrical tape on my riser and I'll place it around the outer edge to dull it a little bit in full sun.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

That sight was also my first one. It is an excellent sight and very easy to set. Like RLW says the .029 pins were a bit big from 30 yards out for me. I replaced it with the Micro- Bright (also tool less) with the graduated pins. Worked out better for me with .029, .019, .019, .010, .010. My only issue with it has been the short mounting bracket. This head with the Super Slam bracket would be a very hard to beat sight in my opinion. Not 100% happy with either I went to an HHA slider with a .019 pin and gave the wife the Micro Bright.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boothill View Post
    You have any trouble with your Tru Glo starbursting on you? I usually end up putting tape around the outside to block some of the light from the fiber wraps. I've had several Tru Glo sightgs with my current being the all green 5-pin with depreciating pin sizes.
    I haven't shot outside with this one, but I didn't have any problem with my Range Rover.

A.S