Thread: Arrow spine question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrow spine question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrows: gold tip 5575 black cut at 28"-1/2",I shot these last year out of my 2007 browning illusion bow set at 56#,now im shooting them out of my firecat at 60#+ or-,dont know exact draw weight,limbs are all the way in.
    Question could these arrows at 56# be spined perfect then on my firecat because of higher poundage be a bit under spined and cause flight differences!
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Allowing 61.5#'s on your setup, OT2 shows those arrows to be weak and well out of the green, assuming 100gr. points and 15gr. for fletching.

With the Browning @56#'s they are in the green just on the stiff side.

To get into the green with the FC you'll need to drop back to about 59#'s. You'll still be on the weak side, but they should tune ok.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Allowing 61.5#'s on your setup, OT2 shows those arrows to be weak and well out of the green, assuming 100gr. points and 15gr. for fletching.

With the Browning @56#'s they are in the green just on the stiff side.

To get into the green with the FC you'll need to drop back to about 59#'s. You'll still be on the weak side, but they should tune ok.
    Very intresting.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

My Firecat at 29" 62# likes 28.25" 7595's.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine if your shooting 60# out of your firecat. I shoot 69# out of my firecat. So because of this im now shooting GT 7595 with a 125 grain tip. and to me the 7595's fly better than the 5575 did with my set up. And my arrow's are cut to 29 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

By the charts I believe I'm on the edge either way for 5575 or 7595 but they sure fly great with the 5575's and blazers.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings