Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about an Old School Archery Division in 3D?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice gathering of bows Sonny! Makes me wish I would have held on to some of my old pass along, hand me down bows. Nice range in the backgound by the way.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All those bows and a free range? Your a lucky man Sonny!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I ought to set up one and take it a range and shoot it both ways. Sure should blow some minds.
    Now that would be cool.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    one has to sign a waiver for liability reasons.
    Most sellers would care a fig for that, impressed!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't some of the shoots have like a senior class or something like that? I would be interested to see how many of them would use older technology. A couple friends shoot recurve at events and do alot better than some of the compound shooters. Shame nothing around my neck of the woods for some good shoots, 100 or better miles.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just started a new thread on how a 1982 Martin Cougar vs 2009 Hoyt

I was serious about an Old School Archery Division, though no 3D shoot wanted to have this division, so I took it upon myself to go ahead and go head to head with archers with top of the line bows.

I have just completed a 3d tourney today using my 1982 Cougar Magnum. To read the outcome and review with photos I have started a new thread in this Target and 3D Forum.

Bottom Line, never turn your nose up at a Martin, especially a 30 year old Martin, cause you is gonna be eatin humble pie,and plenty of it!
    1982 Martin Cougar Magnum
    Bohning Archery Bohning Pro Field Staff. T.R.U. Ball Staff Shooter. Hamskea Archery Solutions Staff Shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Regan View Post

Bottom Line, never turn your nose up at a Martin, especially a 30 year old Martin, cause you is gonna be eatin humble pie,and plenty of it!
    x2
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

They already do..it's called Traditional! Sorry..couldn't resist..good idea though!