Thread: Firecat 400 And QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series Do Play Well Together!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Firecat 400 And QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series Do Play Well Together!!!

With much embarrassment I get to make my first useful post based on experience.

Those of us thinking the QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series wouldn't work on the 20110 TRG equipped were mistaken. By chance I called a dealer 60 miles away because I know they are open on Sundays. I was going to drive over and buy a different rest if they something I wanted. I told him my woes and he said they had the same problems with some of the PSE bows they sell. He said use the spacer and you will be okay. Of course I opened my mouth and said the spacer would make my problem, worse not better.

Luckily for me he prodded me into getting out my parts and taking a look. I had mistakenly thought the spacer would space the mounting bracket further from the bow making my problem worse not better. Low and behold I was wrong and for once I don't mind being wrong! The bracket and the actual rest are two pieces not one, and the bracket spacer moves the rest away from the bracket. Boy do I feel stupid. I guess I'm in good company because I'm not the only one who thought this and now everyone gets to learn from my mistake. This is a very rare occasion where a mistake didn't cost me money!

Here are some pictures to show the end result. The first picture shows the rest as it comes from the factory with the spacer in the background. The second shows the spacer added and how it gives the containment arm the clearance it needs. The third shows the spacer between the rest and the mounting bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Well there you go....Awesome for you man. I don't remember my rest coming with a spacer Anyway, how long before you let us know how she shoot's with your set up?
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-27-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, glad you got it worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats good it worked out for you.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it worked out too. I didn't want to sell a never been used rest at a loss!
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have all been there. And its always a learning experience. New products aren't always easy to understand either. But I am glad it worked you MLN. Soon all this will be old hat and you will be very experienced.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com