Thread: idler wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Default idler wheel

i want to take my idler wheel off and lube it but i cant find any directions or pics on how to do it. has anyone done this before i think theres a couple washers and spacers but im not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a very simple task if you have the basic tools. First use an Allen wrench to turn the pressure off the limbs, or use a a bow press if one is available. If turning the weight off the limb bolts watch the threads through the barrel nbut in the riser. When you see daylight through the barrel nut the string/cable should have enough slack to remove the string from the idler. Use a small screwdriver or some such tool to remove an E-clip from one end of the axle. Use a prick punch or Allen wrench to push the axle through the limb far enough to remove the idler wheel. Lube it and reverse the procedure.

However, why do you feel you have to lube it. If I'm right it has factory lubed and sealed roller bearings and does not need lube, nor is there any way to lube it. Why do you think you need to lube it?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

im sure its fine but when i spin it i can kinda hear it making noise when it spins but i dont think it will affect the performance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought...

Before you do that try taking it out and feeling the inside of the limbs to feel if there is any kind of a burr, or rough surface. That might be the cause of the noise. Sometimes we put a little bit of grease on the inside of the limbs where the wheel sits and that seems to quieten it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzmart.com View Post
    Just a thought...

Before you do that try taking it out and feeling the inside of the limbs to feel if there is any kind of a burr, or rough surface. That might be the cause of the noise. Sometimes we put a little bit of grease on the inside of the limbs where the wheel sits and that seems to quieten it down.
    welcom to the forum,and you beat me to what i was going to say.lol.tell us abit about your set up.

Post Thanks / Like

2010 martin cheetah 70#, qad pro series rest, trophy ridge hitman 7 sight with a custom flo green and black string thats about it pretty sweet bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum timbow ,

Why don't you add a pic of your bow

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...post-some-pics!

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

when i took the idler wheel off it went like this... limb then spacer then idler wheel then a paper washer looking thing then spacer then limb does that make sense. any way i took out the paper washer and now it spins nice with no restrictions. im not sure if it was supose to be in there or not. what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbow View Post
    when i took the idler wheel off it went like this... limb then spacer then idler wheel then a paper washer looking thing then spacer then limb does that make sense. any way i took out the paper washer and now it spins nice with no restrictions. im not sure if it was supose to be in there or not. what do you think?
    I doubt that it was paper. Maybe real thing nylon, but it doesn't matter. If taking it out accomplished what you wanted then so be it. And now you don't have to ask how to next time. You're on your way to becoming your own bow technician.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fisher