Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: string silencer alternatives

Post Thanks / Like

Well i like weather proof stuff, so, anything cloth like won't be going on my string's. And that's also why i would never shoot feathers. We just get way to much rain here.

Post Thanks / Like

Also fly shops carry rubber material,I think it is for legs,but gives you a good assorment of colors for your strings

http://www.flymart.ca/default.aspx?c...product_id=625
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

a chunk of old boot heal..lol for limbsaver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    a chunk of old boot heal..lol for limbsaver
    Sorry that made me lol. Or you could use two big wads of gum.....lol That should take care of the adhesive problem also, if your in a bind for limsavers and glue at the same time.
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-28-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

my leaches seemed to make a noticeable difference. i tried cat wiskers but i cant tie for crap and they flew apart.
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Post Thanks / Like

That might have been a post from me. I have them in place of my original speed nocks and a couple of smaller ones to dampen the slight twang I was getting from my Limb Driver activation line when it pulled tight to force the rest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I saw a post on here that someone used the "fingerless glove" rubber pieces from a traditional bow as a string silencer. I'd think just about anything made of a soft rubber compound would work.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    my leaches seemed to make a noticeable difference. i tried cat wiskers but i cant tie for crap and they flew apart.
    Hey Lee, sorry i don't have the link but, go to youtube, punch in grttaxi, and look for the "know your knots" video....or check out all his videos...very informative

Post Thanks / Like

i watched a bunch but i never was much of a boy scout
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Post Thanks / Like

Spammers.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he has a used bow he wants to tell us about, I just hope he does not buy used tattoos
    2012 Alien X