Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: string silencer alternatives

Post Thanks / Like

Default gummy worms

i watched a you tube video where a guy tied gummy worms on his limbs it stopped vibrations faster then limbsavers or bow jax and if you get hungry, well im just saying!!! a mans gotta eat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

'gummy worms' lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it is called amalgamating tape. It's rubber w/ no adhesive. It only adheres to itself. Electricians and plumbers use it. You start with a strip and stretch it as you apply it. Wrap it tightly on to itself and it becomes a layered piece of rubber. I use it on everything. I have it on my old PSE for limb savers. Its been on for 15 years or so...lol. I wrap my quiver w/ it and just about anything that can make a noise. I have also used it as cable dampners and string silencers. I wrapped my ATV hand grip w/ it. Used it as insulating wrap on bow grips. Cable guard dampner and so on. Most contractor oriented hardware stores should have it.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

I was told about using an old (or new) occy strap cut a section about 2" long and use the little rubber strand in side just tie a heap on relly tight and off you go.
    If you need ask why then you will never understand
    2011 Martin ridge hunter 30"DL 51#