Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best All Around Martin Bow???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Best All Around Martin Bow???

Hey you folks with some history w/ Martin Bows...I was wondering what bow you would consider Martins' crown jewel. Say produced in the last 7 years or so in any or all of three categories. Best Target...Best Hunting...Best Combo All Around. How 'bout adding best cam/s. There's no better source than those that have hands on experience.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the ultimate Martin bow is the one you shoot. I haven't shot alot of Martin's, but the ones I have are nice shooting bows. I'd still like to get my hands on a 2010 Warthog mag some day. My Martin dealer still hasn't got the 2011 line in yet due to a bad Martin rep not doing his job.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

2010 firecat tr1 of course.....................

Post Thanks / Like

I've been shooting Martins for over 25 years, although I have not shot all of them, the newest one is a Nemesis (great bow). It would be a toss up between the Nemesis and the original Scepter, but if I had to choose it would have to be the Scepter.

Post Thanks / Like

2010 firecat tr1 for a second time
    2010 Firecat Tr1, tru-glo microbrite, NAP Apache, X-coil Beman ics 400

Post Thanks / Like

got to go with my bengal,i shot ab 08-09 and my 10 and a 90's bengal.plus a few other martns and i like my bengal.but who isent going to like the bow they own..

Post Thanks / Like

Of the 5 I have owned, I have to say that my new Onza 3 is my favorite. My Moab has the most shots through it, and the most animals taken. The Firecats I've had were the fastest, and a real joy to shoot. All of the Martins and Ryteras I've shot were VERY good bows, but the nod goes to the Onza 3.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

im going to have to say either one of my firecats either my 08 or 2011 both dual cams

Post Thanks / Like

Iam going ro say for target Scepter 4 with shoot thru for hunting Firecat tuned thru the AT guide for best tuning the cat cam.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, this is tough as each persons perception of "Best" is as varied as people and their personal uses are

Right now I think the best all around bow for the money is the Bengal. I bought mine, mostly because it was a lefty model on the shelf and was a reasonably inexpensive way for me to try to upgrade myself to a release and try a single cam. Figured if I could get a "better" bow later.
    I have to say, I'm pretty impressed (not so much with it's factory string/cable).

I really thought I would shoot it for a while, then dump it for another dual cam Firecat...I just like "Firecat's".
    But now, as well as it seems to fit me and my needs, I see no reason to change and just really enjoy shooting this bow.

If I go back a bit over the last 7 seven or so, I'd have to go with the Pro Series Firecat and/or Scepter lines.
    The 1996 Firecat XRG with Ultra Sonic wheels, would still be my personal pick as Best All Around Martin Bow.
    It was(is) a nice shooting stable bow for target and hunting, smooth draw, stayed in tune, not the fastest out there but decent speed, quiet and very accurate.
    And apparently durable since I still have it after 15yrs and although still set-up as a finger bow, would have no problem picking it up today and go target, hunting, or 3D shooting with it.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove