Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Module screws

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good plan. But I bet the turkey will disagree...
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default another option

If only 1 screw is tight.

Remove the other screw and you can rotate the module to loosen the screw that will not come loose. This has worked for me everytime.

If 2 screws will not loosen.

I had one guy with a good wrench and I used a nail set and a hammer on the head of the screw. I gently tapped the screw as the other guy was putting pressure on it with the wrench.

Give it a whirl

SonnyThomas

Default Module screws

Quote Originally Posted by gstudt View Post
    If only 1 screw is tight.
    Remove the other screw and you can rotate the module to loosen the screw that will not come loose. This has worked for me everytime.
    If 2 screws will not loosen.
    I had one guy with a good wrench and I used a nail set and a hammer on the head of the screw. I gently tapped the screw as the other guy was putting pressure on it with the wrench.
    Give it a whirl
    Warning on using the mod to break loose the screw - DON'T FORCE! You could bend the mod....

Other than "tapping" with a nail set and missing and smashing the cam, try a dremel tool and grind to "slice" a cut across the allen head. Once a good cut or slice you can use a small chisel, screw driver or nail set and gently tap the screw in the direction to loosen.

And it is true of the allen head corroding to the cam. WD 40 and the likes don't penetrate and will break through corrosion. Use Liquid Wrench the supreme penetrating oil.

If and when you break the screw loose or on another froze screw, when it breaks loose you will smell a sulfer like smell. That's corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like

i use mouse milk to get into them things that just wont break loose.

Post Thanks / Like

PB Buster is another good penetrating oil for such occasions. Once the old screw is out and you're ready to install a new one I recommend apply string wax on the screw threads then running it into the hole. This will act like a thread locker but doesn't seize up like your current situation and won't cause damage to the threads in the hole.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gary

I tried that a few days ago when I ran into the problem. The mod will unscrew from the thread slightly, but I think the head is gaulled into the cam. I could take the one screw out, and move the mod back and forth, but it never loosened the other screw at all. Figure after season's over, I'll either fix it, or break it. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Figure after season's over, I'll either fix it, or break it. lol
    The second option might be costly.LOL

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've had really good luck with Kroil. Its a peppermint oil and works awesome for penetrating between metals
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

oh danr there is a penitrating oil that works its way up from the bottom of the thred.if you spray a little at the bottom of any screw nut...it works its way up from the bottom to the top.i think its zap or zep someting like that.its dam good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    oh danr there is a penitrating oil that works its way up from the bottom of the thred.if you spray a little at the bottom of any screw nut...it works its way up from the bottom to the top.i think its zap or zep someting like that.its dam good stuff
    I think it's made by the company Zep