Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: String leaches or cat whisker's?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want a little pizzazz to you bow here is a link for some cool looking whiskers.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ght=color+cats

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for the link hutch. So i went to one of the local shop's here (only ten minutes away) and bought some limbsavers. Got home, did what the instructions said to do. Oh BTW, i only had some 91% alcohol and that thing made me . It took off some of the paint, but that's ok cause i only did a little spot on each limb thank god. All i can say is WOW!!!! This thing made a huge difference. My bow is was more quiet now. I forgot who it was that said not to get the bowjacks but, thankyou. This thing is awesome. Oh yeah, and hutch, i would have tried the ones you recomended but that shop didn't have them.
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-28-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Thank's for the link hutch. So i went to one of the local shop's here (only ten minutes away) and bought some limbsavers. Got home, did what the instructions said to do. Oh BTW, i only had some 91% alcohol and that thing made me . It took off some of the paint, but that's ok cause i only did a little spot on each limb thank god. All i can say is WOW!!!! This thing made a huge difference. My bow is was more quiet now. I forgot who it was that said not to get the bowjacks but, thankyou. This thing is awesome. Oh yeah, and hutch, i would have tried the ones you recomended but that shop didn't have them.
    so what no boot heal..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    so what no boot heal..lol
    Nooooo, i didn't want the pizzazz....lol

SonnyThomas

Default String leaches or cat whisker's?

I don't use any silencers on my bow strings. However, I have used Cat Whiskers and perfer them over string leaches. Virtually every string leach I know of "goes south" way before Cat Whiskers. About $12.00 for a pair of string leachs and $2.50 (including clamps) for Cat Whiskers? Low poundage bows make leaches last longer, but then the same could be said of Cat Whiskers.