Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new strings in today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default new strings in today!

I got my new strings from extremebowstrings and they look awsome. I put them on and my brace hieght is where it should be 7.25'' idler looks nice and straight i used an arrow to aligne it. but my axle to axle is 29.75'' instead of 30''. should i untwist or wait to see if it will stretch to 30''. I havent shot it yet but im gettin antsy.

Post Thanks / Like

i would say un twis to get your a2a.then if there is any stretch twist to to do the same.might as well keep it in specs from start to finish.but im sur a real pro will have somthing to say.

SonnyThomas

Default new strings in today!

Make sure everything is where it should be and then draw the bow a few times or just shoot it 3 times of so. This should settle the strings in and then check ata.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbow View Post
    I got my new strings from extremebowstrings and they look awsome. I put them on and my brace hieght is where it should be 7.25'' idler looks nice and straight i used an arrow to aligne it. but my axle to axle is 29.75'' instead of 30''. should i untwist or wait to see if it will stretch to 30''. I havent shot it yet but im gettin antsy.
    Post pics lets see them!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Post pics lets see them!!!!

Hutch
    you really like pics,dont ya? So do I. PICS,PICS,PICS!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I've untwisted both the string and cable and can't seem to get the ata to 30''. I dont want to take all the twists out that doesnt seem right. now its at 29 and 7/8. dont you need 1 twist per inch?

Post Thanks / Like

I would take them off - set them dead on factory lengths - put them back on and then see where your at.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i did and now im back at 29 and 3/4''. even when i untwisted the string and cable almost all the way i couldn't get it to 30''. i'm measuring from the center of the axle pin to the other center is that right? and i have the F6 mod on i dont know if that would make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

let's see if this works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbow View Post
    Thats what i did and now im back at 29 and 3/4''. even when i untwisted the string and cable almost all the way i couldn't get it to 30''. i'm measuring from the center of the axle pin to the other center is that right? and i have the F6 mod on i dont know if that would make a difference.
    Sorry but what bow is that? Cheetah? What's your DL? Did your bow come with 7 modules in all? If yes, then F-6 module won't/doesn't work.
    F-1=25"
    F-2=26"
    F-3=27"
    F-4=28"
    F-5=29"
    F-6=N/A
    F-7=30"
    Now i may be wrong but this is how it was on my firecat. The F-6 would not work. You should be able to tell just based on performance. When i had the F-6 module on my bow i knew something wasn't right. The bow was shooting way slower. I put the F-5 on and could see the speed increase And the bow just felt/shot better with the F-5 module. Also if you notice, the F-6 module is the only module that mounts with the letter/number facing the cam, while the rest of the modules will mount with the letter/number facing away from the cam. Now this will be just the opposite for left hand shooter's. Meaning only the F-6 module will be the only one that will mount facing away from the cam. So, if this is the case, swap out that F-6 module and put a correct module on and see if this help's you with your ATA
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 03-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.