Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Venison

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    Or you could send me a sample! i'll trade you for some arrows? Serious
    can i really do tha.send wild game in the mail.i would do it for free,thats the kind of guy i am.im sure i will hunt this year even if its just for deer.it wont kill me to miss out on elk for one year.but if it is legal to send meat through the mail then when(or if) i get my deer this year i will send you a back strap or a cut of your choice,you have my word on it and im a man of my word.im the only one in my house who eats it.huntin seson for me is not till last day of september then goes through aug 27.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    no whitetails in Hawaii. I feel bad for the guy. Never having the taste of venny tenderloin wrapped in bacon,fried in butter,sauteed ONIONS and mushrooms,mashed taters w mushroom gravy,and my wifes homemade coleslaw and an icy coke to wash it all down.

yup. I feel so bad for what he's missin out on. He can't complain though. I wish I could hunt wild cattle. That would be a blast!
    You my friend, are a mean,mean man! Shame on you for making that sound so darn good. This face is for you------------>........................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    can i really do tha.send wild game in the mail.i would do it for free,thats the kind of guy i am.im sure i will hunt this year even if its just for deer.it wont kill me to miss out on elk for one year.but if it is legal to send meat through the mail then when(or if) i get my deer this year i will send you a back strap or a cut of your choice,you have my word on it and im a man of my word.im the only one in my house who eats it.huntin seson for me is not till last day of september then goes through aug 27.
    I really have no idea if that's legal. But if it is, you sir, have a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I really have no idea if that's legal. But if it is, you sir, have a deal.
    you pay s&h,let me know what cut you want.i will pack in dryice and ship on out.like i said its still 4 or 5 moths till the seson is here.i will do some research and see if i can even ship it out.see if you can recieve it on your end and we will get some deer out your way.and any cut or cuts you want.we have time to get it all hashd out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sound's like a plan, i'll find out what's up with my end.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's whitetail you are in for a real treat. I prefer it over mule deer. Normally just steak the back straps on muley's and jerky the rest.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    If it's whitetail you are in for a real treat. I prefer it over mule deer. Normally just steak the back straps on muley's and jerky the rest.
    white tail indeed.and i make jereky out of everything i dont steak up.i dont do burger,sausage its steaks and jerky

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that's it! I'm a sucker for jerky. Who makes the best? BTW, i am hating all of you guy's at the moment..............

Post Thanks / Like

My jerky brine is 1 cup salt, 1 large bottle Tobasco sauce, 1 small can of black pepper, 1/4 can Cayenne pepper, 1 cup brown sugar. Soak the meat at least one hour, two if you like it hotter. Place on drying rack, cover with cloth tarp, stoke fire with green alder, turn as needed. I keep the meat 2 1/2 feet from the fire so it's mostly smoke. My rack will hold two large mule deer. Takes between 6 and 8 hours.
    When it's done the meat has so much smoke that it's sticky to the touch. I also put all the bones on for soup bases. Just leave a little more meat on them than you would boning one out. The neck is my favorite, so many little tid bits in there.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

You my friend, are a mean,mean man! Shame on you for making that sound so darn good. This face is for you------------>........................
    lol. I couldn't resist. Don't worry,Bro. One of us will get ya hooked up.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340