Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fletchings.what do you like

Post Thanks / Like

blazers rock but you do need a hair of extra clearance. not to add more confusion bit the only way ive shot them is straight fletched. whats the difference with offset and helical. and does it work?
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    You have to pay for tag's? over hear as long as your a licenced hunter you get all the tag's for free. Turkey,mouflan sheep,goat.
    sheep?goat?wild cattle? That's awesome! Are the whitetails pretty good size over there?

I was shooting 4" feathers w tight right helicle. Then I tried Blazers and Quickspin vanes. I won't use another feather.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    blazers rock but you do need a hair of extra clearance. not to add more confusion bit the only way ive shot them is straight fletched. whats the difference with offset and helical. and does it work?
    oops! Meant to answer this. Offset is pretty much at an angle. Straight vanes @ 12 o'clock, offset @ 1 o'clock is the best I can describe it. Helicle(most use right,but can do left. Left just spins the arrow the opposite direction and likes to unscrew the field points as it hits the target)has a noticeable twist to the vanes. "rifled" like a bullet,same principle applies.the helical twist in the vanes stabilizes the arrow quicker. More twist,better broadhead flight. IMO,its not a noticeable diff for field points. It doesn't cost any more/less to have your arrows fletched helical than it does straight,so if you shoot broadheads at all,go helical
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

(3) Flex Fletch FFP-360 (3.6") right helical, w/a couple degrees extra offset.

I used AAE 4" vanes for many years, but they changed, much stiffer and heavier now, so at the suggestion of a friend of mine, who has tested about every type out there and who's background and experience I respect, finally decided to try the Flex-Fletch vane.

They're quiet, provide excellent control and appear to be very durable...........pretty sure I've found my new all time favorite vanes in this.

Another friend on mine also tried these a little over a year ago and has switched all his hunting arrows over from Blazers.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

SonnyThomas

Default fletchings.what do you like

Present Blazers on shop wall - 100 pack - $14.99 + tax
    Present Twisters on shop wall - 100 pack - $13.99 + tax

Post Thanks / Like

Any one use those FOB things?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdmwc View Post
    Any one use those FOB things?
    they're supposed to fly pretty good from the reviews I've read,but haven't shot them personally. I also have read that some set-up have clearance issues. Idk. I'm to much of a skeptic to try them. Took me a bit to warm up to the idea of Blazers,so I'm got shoot those for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the 2 inch Quick Spins, and they do control a broadhead well. Slight right helical on them. I have noticed they tend to make more noise than most fletchings, so I've started using the 3" Fusion vanes. So far, they seem to be every bit as good as the Quick Spins, and far quieter. Not to mention, the arrows seem to hold their speed a little better at longer distances with the Fusions.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Blazers.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

looking like blazers are taking the lead