Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 warthog limb warranty???

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2009 warthog limb warranty???

Ok, here's the deal. I have a 2009 warthog that has 2010 cams and strings but 2009 limbs (purchased it this way used last august). It is 60# limbs and I would like 70# limbs. I found someone interested in trading and they wanted pictures so I removed my limbs to take pix and noticed that my roto cups were seized on the riser, to the point I had to tap them off with a mallet! So I then looked at the holes in the limbs where the pins go in to align them and they are elongated and the pins wobble pretty badly in them. My question is, would this be covered in the warranty? If so, would the also send the new roto cups? And could I pay some extra and get 70# instead of 60#?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinkin the pros are going to want pics in order to assess the problem and answer your question properly. Stick around. Someone will be with you soon
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

My answer would be to take the pictures and save them to your computer ready to upload. Then call Joel at Martin warranty dept. and talk to him. He can tell you where to send the pics and make his own assessment. Or maybe he'll tell you to work through a dealer.

Of course you could always post them here, too. We're always interested and willing to learn.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses guys! I will take detailed pictures tonight and post them...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, good news. I took some pictures and thoroughly inspected the limbs. The top limb has one oval hole and one that's still pretty good however it has indentions from the roto cup which you can see in the pix.
    Now for the bad news. After a closer look the bottom limb has 2 oval holes, pretty bad. Also, there are deep indentions from the roto cup AND there are 6 small cracks in the limbs going lengthwise. You can see them in the picture between the hole and the sticker...
    Think I will be contacting Martin. What do you guys think?IMAG0108.jpgIMAG0109.jpgIMAG0110.jpgIMAG0111.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RDMWC,
    Of course I can't speak for Martin, but my Warthog broke a couple of limbs, too. Martin finally sent a set of the solid glass limbs that, so far at least, have not given any trouble. I did NOT have the frozen Roto Cups, however, so I'm guessing that there was a lack of lubricant placed on your bow during assembly. If I knew then what I know now, I would have immediately taken my new Martin apart prior to ever loosing an arrow and carefully lubed and assembled it by hand, making sure that it was put together properly. I believe that a great part of the problems that I had, and you too, is not due to engineering but poor construction of the components and even worse assembly. The good news.....Martin's customer service was top notch. They could have blown me off, as so many companies do, but instead provided the materials needed to solve the problem with no questions asked. So, even though I don't trust my Warthog any longer, I will probably buy another Martin.....maybe even this year.
    Good luck in your quest for a solution.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=whman;44609]Hey RDMWC,
    Of course I can't speak for Martin, but my Warthog broke a couple of limbs, too. Martin finally sent a set of the solid glass limbs that, so far at least, have not given any trouble. I did NOT have the frozen Roto Cups, however, so I'm guessing that there was a lack of lubricant placed on your bow during assembly. If I knew then what I know now, I would have immediately taken my new Martin apart prior to ever loosing an arrow and carefully lubed and assembled it by hand, making sure that it was put together properly. I believe that a great part of the problems that I had, and you too, is not due to engineering but poor construction of the components and even worse assembly. The good news.....Martin's customer service was top notch. They could have blown me off, as so many companies do, but instead provided the materials needed to solve the problem with no questions asked. So, even though I don't trust my Warthog any longer, I will probably buy another Martin.....maybe even this year.

well,since you can't trust the hog....send it off to me. I'll trust it
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hawgenvy,
    I wasn't looking to give my Warthog away....it's just that after having limbs fail twice before finding a fix, I don't necessaryly trust the bow to take on a long, expensive hunt. Probably after a thousand trouble free shots down range, my feelings will change. My Bengal, on the other hand, has been trouble free from the beginning....and accurate and smooth....all of the things that a good bow should be. Thats one of the reasons that I'm considering a new Martin this year.....that and the good customer service I got from Joel at Martin.
    Take care.....by the way, if you want to purchase my Warthog....I have 850.00 in it now..the purchase price and two trips to the pro shop for repair. I'll be happy to sell it to you for that price.....just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Whman, did they give you 2010 roto cups and limbs as replacement?

Post Thanks / Like

RDMWC,
    Yes, they did....the new cups that come up over the edges of the limb. That would probably have eliminated the elongated holes in your limbs to begin with.
    Best of luck with your bow repairs.....I believe that Martin will take very good care of you. I think that they're interested in providing fixes that really do work.
    Take care!