Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 warthog limb warranty???

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whman View Post
    Hey Hawgenvy,
    I wasn't looking to give my Warthog away....it's just that after having limbs fail twice before finding a fix, I don't necessaryly trust the bow to take on a long, expensive hunt. Probably after a thousand trouble free shots down range, my feelings will change. My Bengal, on the other hand, has been trouble free from the beginning....and accurate and smooth....all of the things that a good bow should be. Thats one of the reasons that I'm considering a new Martin this year.....that and the good customer service I got from Joel at Martin.
    Take care.....by the way, if you want to purchase my Warthog....I have 850.00 in it now..the purchase price and two trips to the pro shop for repair. I'll be happy to sell it to you for that price.....just let me know.
    i wish. im not in the market right now. i just got my Athens recently. between that and the Cheetah,i need to spend some quality bonding time with just the 2 before hunting season starts. otherwise id be interested. when i was looking for one last year, they were nearly non-existant. otherwise id have one already. thanks for the offer though.

so.whats your new Martin going to be? have you givin it much thought?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting to see how they perform.....should know for sure within the next two to three months. I DO know that my focus is going to be far more oriented towards rock solid dependability and not speed. The Onza looks good right now.
    Good luck with those two new bows that you've got there.....you're right, you don't need a new bow right now....just focus on that deadly duo you just purchased.
    Take care, brother.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere they were open m-f until 4:30pm? I called after work and they only open until noon on Friday! Guess I have to wait until Monday. : (

Post Thanks / Like

Well, just got off phone with Martin Tech. Said order new limbs from local dealer. I should have figured that would be the outcome since I purchased second hand. Boy was that a waste of money ! Lol don't get me wrong, I loved my warthog, but when limbs and roto cups are going to cost me almost as much as I paid for my bow. Now to buy a diff. Bow or spend the $$ for new limbs and cups? What do you guys think? Doesn't help the dealer told me last guy that bought limbs from Martin took over 2 months to get!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdmwc View Post
    Well, just got off phone with Martin Tech. Said order new limbs from local dealer. I should have figured that would be the outcome since I purchased second hand. Boy was that a waste of money ! Lol don't get me wrong, I loved my warthog, but when limbs and roto cups are going to cost me almost as much as I paid for my bow. Now to buy a diff. Bow or spend the $$ for new limbs and cups? What do you guys think? Doesn't help the dealer told me last guy that bought limbs from Martin took over 2 months to get!!!
    That's too bad. I got my bow off of eBay, and my dealer didn't charge me anything except a $20 installation fee.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think if it were me - I would buy a new bow so I am up and shooting. Then save up $$ and search for the parts to fix my other bow.
    Ya never know, you might decide to customize it or run across a great deal on the parts you need or...
    In the meantime it dont hurt to have it in a box if you have another to shoot and have fun with.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got it all taken care of at my dealer! They had a nemesis, man I wish I had that kinda $$!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got it all taken care of at my dealer! They had a nemesis, man I wish I had that kinda $$!
    so...how was it taken care of? I shot last years Nemesis. I like,but not the price.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I didn't even ask price cuz I know they are expensive.
    I told them I had broken limbs on my warthog and they checked them over. After looking at them he said, ya, we will exchange these out for you.then I asked if I could get 70# instead, and he said sure! Said it will take about a month. It's going to be the longest month of my life! Can't wait to have my hog back!! Bigger and badder than ever!

Post Thanks / Like

thumbs up for good CS!