Thread: Stabilizer - On Order

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stabilizer - On Order

Well, after a couple of days of researching a new stabilizer for my Silencer, I've decided on a Smooth Stability 12" SLR Stabilizer in Skulz Camo to match my bow. Now I just have to wait for it to get here....

Anyone on here have any experience with the 12" SLR?? From any of the reviews I've seen on AT, they seem like a good stab!

CK82
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

Post Thanks / Like

i do not use a stabelizer.never seen the point of having somthing sticking off the front of my bow.and it grabs stuff when walking in the woods.dont need the extra weight.but i hope it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried that long of a stab. Mine are all for hunting purposes, and I keep them at 7 inches or under. I do use them on every bow though. Just seems to "tame" the shot a bit, and balance the bow better.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer the dead feeling in my aftershot. without a stabilizer the shock might not be bad but it just feels right shooting a dead bow
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

You can actualy order the ss stab in any lenght you want but the 12 works the best your arrows stick out more than 12"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I've never tried that long of a stab. Mine are all for hunting purposes, and I keep them at 7 inches or under. I do use them on every bow though. Just seems to "tame" the shot a bit, and balance the bow better.
    My sentiments exactly...guess I shoulda mentioned this stab will mostly be used for 3D shoots. I do have a short 6" Limbsaver I use while hunting.

Was out shooting last night since it was actually above freezing for once and was doing pretty well at 60 yards! I was dropping 'em in there consistently at around a 4-5" group. Hope the new stab will shrink 'em a bit more!
    2011 Martin Silencer in Skulz Camo - Rip-Cord Code Red rest (black), G5 Optix XR sight (black), Alpine soft-loc 5 arrow quiver (skulz camo), GT UL Pro 22 arrows, 12" Smooth Stablility SLR Stab in Skulz Camo, Shot with a Scott Caliper Release with Rubber Hand grip
    Member of ABAM
    Mid 90's Martin Lynx - Limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, limbsaver ultra quad dampeners, Kwikee Kwiver, Cobra 4-pin sight, bohning hunter peep sight, Easton ST Excel 400, 125gr Thunderheads, shot with a finger tab.

Post Thanks / Like

just wondering how you like your silencer.I shoot a saber now but im thinking about ordering a silencer.I was out of archery for about 15 years and just got back in to it this year having alot of fun shooting 3d tourneys now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jandjfab View Post
    just wondering how you like your silencer.I shoot a saber now but im thinking about ordering a silencer.I was out of archery for about 15 years and just got back in to it this year having alot of fun shooting 3d tourneys now.
    Don't really think you could go wrong if you did buy a silencer...I love mine! Simple as that
    Member of ABAM

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

RULEBREAKERS! Where's the pics? The longest stab I've used is an 8" NAP shockblocker. It worked well, but I never shoot ranges beyond 45yds. The shorter vibe reducing stabilizers is what shoot now just to suck up the minor riser vibes. I use the 4" Sims S-coil on the Cheetah,and a 6" vibracheck on the Athens.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340