Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why Do limb Bolts Back out?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have this problem with my scepter and my razorx.The limb bolts are backed out one ore two turns not more.I fixed it with stop screws and lead as mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

just installed four brass tipped set screws, we'll see yet tonight after the boy goes to bed. Warning : DO NOT PUT LOC TITE IN THE BARREL NUT FOR THE LIMB BOLTS! the grease and the loc tite gummed the threads pretty bad, couldn;t get the set screws started. First time ever had the bow completely apart kinda scary but it should still work i hope. it took an awful lot of work to get the threads cleaned out using the set screws to go completely through the nut and then putting the bow back together.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it was the Loctite? Most are Anaerobic and won't harden with the presence of air. If it was in the side area it shouldn't have hardened?

I used solid brass screws that had the conical tip. Are yours steel with a brass pad? Those might work better.

BTW I haven't had anymore problems since I removed all the grease and run the bow at max poundage.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 08-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

steel sets with brass tip, seemed to have worked. the stuff gunking up the threads was an off white yellowish color.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

i dig out this old post becoz i now realize my limb bolt does move like what happen to thread starter.

would like to ask. wat is the size of the screw to lock the limb bolt? my hardware shop here very limited to type of screw.

the limb bolt movement just making insanse... need to adjust after a round or two of shooting.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    i dig out this old post becoz i now realize my limb bolt does move like what happen to thread starter.

would like to ask. wat is the size of the screw to lock the limb bolt? my hardware shop here very limited to type of screw.

the limb bolt movement just making insanse... need to adjust after a round or two of shooting.
    1/4X20 is the thread pattern. It can also be read as 1/4NC.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry,

i will look around my hardware shop this coming weekend.

thank again.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.