Thread: Stone mountain strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stone mountain strings

Hey Guys,
    I have the original strings still on my '09 Warthog....I believe that they are Stone Mountain strings. I was under the impression that they were a top of the line string, but am I incorrect, and would I be better off with something else?
    Thanks for any info.......shoot straight!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whman View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I have the original strings still on my '09 Warthog....I believe that they are Stone Mountain strings. I was under the impression that they were a top of the line string, but am I incorrect, and would I be better off with something else?
    Thanks for any info.......shoot straight!
    I know that martin had a few problems with strings. But I know that they don't now. They have changed builders. I also build strings as well as a few others on this forum. We all could tell you that a custom string is the best way to go. As far as Stone Mountain I have not used them but their are a few on here that have. I am sure that they will pipe in.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The 09 Pro Series line including the Warthog had Double Helix Elite strings. I don't think Martin used the Stone Mountain Dakotas untill 2010. The Dakotas were good strings, the serving left a bit to be desired, but they held up fairly well.

Advantage Custom Strings

SonnyThomas

Default Stone mountain strings

Nothing wrong with Stone Mountain/Dakota strings. I believe I reserved the center serving. Still, I had some 15,000 plus shots on the strings when I was given a another brand to try out. That's right at 42 shots per day for a year.