Thread: x system tuning

Post Thanks / Like

Default x system tuning

I did a search on here and AT and couldnt really find a good guide to tuning my Furious X system on my Mystic. With so many cables Im not sure what Im really doing. If I twist say the top right cable...whats it do and do I have to twist the left to match and viseversa?! I guess Im just looking for an easy explaination of what does what.
    '08 Bowtech Guardian- QAD Pro HD-Spot Hogg Boss Hogg!-POSTEN Stabilizers- Wallace Brook Archery Strings
    '08 Martin Mystic Furious X-Toxonics sight with Spot Hogg scope-TTSpringSteel rest-POSTEN Stabilizers-Winners Choice strings

Post Thanks / Like

Go back to AT and do a search fot tuning the scepter4 x system it as the same tuning process as the mystic tons of info also if you pm nuts and bolts he will help you out in a way that you will understand down lode the nuts and bolts tuning guide its free it will really help you.

Post Thanks / Like

every twist you do will do something.. cable twistin will set cam lean , limb twist an cam timming.. what is off ?
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

With your bow all set up - check the top cam for any lean. Lets say it looks like this /.
    If you twist up the left top cable or untwist the right top cable it will straighten it out. So now it looks like this !
    Now do the same for the bottom cam. If it looks like this \ then twist up the left bottom cable or untwist the right bottom cable.
    Ok now check the top and make any adjustments it might need and then the bottom again and adjust.
    Now both cams have no lean - they are straight up and down at brace and full draw.
    Great.
    Now measure your ata and brace height.
    If the cables/string were at spec to begin with - ata and bh should be really close.
    If so - shoot it and see how it does.
    If it is off, lets say too long, then twist up all 4 cables the same amount to get the ata to the factory spec.
    If too short, untwist them the same...
    Now ata is on or really close.
    Now bh. Is it right?
    If it is too long - twist the string a couple turns and check.
    Okay - now your really close or right on the specs and you have zero cam lean.
    Hows the draw length?
    Adjust this (because it is more critical than ata and bh) by twisting/untwisting the string.

I guess to answer your original question: The cables are anchored to the cams - two to the top and two to the bottom. The other end of these cables are attached to the outside of the limbs.
    Just think of the end that is attached to the cam as being solid and the other end pulling whatever it is attached to. (the limb)
    So - if you shorten the cable (twist) that is anchored to the bottom cam and attached to the right side of the top limb - it will pull that side of the top limb down, making the top cam lean more in this direction /.
    See what I mean?
    Twist and shout till the cams/limbs are straight and then twist/untwist till the axle to axle is on spec.

Post Thanks / Like

Despite all those cables, shoot thru systems are easy to tune. Spiker lays it out pretty well.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats what I needed. Thanks guys. My bow is about in spec but Im down about #4 from what they should be.Not that big of a deal though. Im really likeing the draw cycle of these cams and cant say enough about the grip on my Mystic.
    '08 Bowtech Guardian- QAD Pro HD-Spot Hogg Boss Hogg!-POSTEN Stabilizers- Wallace Brook Archery Strings
    '08 Martin Mystic Furious X-Toxonics sight with Spot Hogg scope-TTSpringSteel rest-POSTEN Stabilizers-Winners Choice strings