Thread: Fletch or not

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fletch or not

I need some ideas on fletching jigs. Just something simple to make a few arrows when needed and field repairs. It would be for small carbon arrows ics 400 hunters or I was thinking about the new shrink fletch, but with my rest,bodoodle, im afraid it might rip those. Time to ask you gents

Post Thanks / Like

Bitz all the way! little expensive but well worth it.

SonnyThomas

Default Fletch or not

The shrink type vanes are fairly expensive.

I've tried and have a few jigs and it comes down to personal perference and how many arrows you have to do and how fast.

The Bitzenberger is probably one of the best built jigs and feels that way, but only one arrow at time. Still, the Bitzenberger is no better than other single arrow jigs if one doesn't opt for the centering attachment (forget the name). So more expense. Mine is virtually brand new and I rarely use it, maybe a dozen arrows - In fact, I don't know where it's at.

JoJan makes a single arrow, but my favorite and most used are JoJans are the multi-fletchers (6 arrows) in straight and full helical. Rarely use the single.

The New Bohning Tower in 3 degree for short vanes is another option - one arrow and all 3 vanes at once. One should consider the extentions available so factory length placement of vanes can be had. Used it and does the job. Don't buy the Tower that has the round rings for the clamps.

Martin also makes a single arrow jig. I have one of these with straight clamp and what appears to be a 5 degree clamp. For sure it's not full helical like the Bitz or JoJans, but then mine is fairly old.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Bitz.I have also used the shrink fletch,and when properly installed,they are very tough and durable.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    I need some ideas on fletching jigs. Just something simple to make a few arrows when needed and field repairs. It would be for small carbon arrows ics 400 hunters or I was thinking about the new shrink fletch, but with my rest,bodoodle, im afraid it might rip those. Time to ask you gents
    If you are not into the extremes an Arizona ezfletch. will do very well. I have two and no complaints. If you are planning a lot of fletching go with a Bitz

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

BPE Pro Series jigs are fairly inexpensive, have a lot of adjustability for fletching orientation, offset, shaft size and they offer both straight and helical clamps. I use these and jojan multifletch. I use the BPE's the most.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

FOBs, never fletch again.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's a Bitz and I can't say a bad thing about it. I did buy one of Cabelas "Multi-fletch" jigs, and it was a POS. Sent it back after a week, and got the Bitz. These are the only two I have ever used though, so can't comment on the other brands. I use my Bitz on everything from the ultra small Nano's to Beman ICS, and up to Easton 2216's. Easy to adjust, straight to alot of helical.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    FOBs, never fletch again.
    How are those FOBs? I have heard they make alot of noise?

Post Thanks / Like

I can say it was easy to make up six arrows today. Measure, cut, square, glue in inserts, FOB and you are done. Sweet!

I only shot about 12 arrows and didn't think they were noisy but the wind is about 27-32 mph here today so it is hard to say.
    Firecat 400