Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My firecat tr1 blew top limb..................

Post Thanks / Like

Default My firecat tr1 blew top limb..................

Did i get you ...............APRIL Fools...............................
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you got me.......lol

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! Jerk!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Got me too....to those of us who have blown multiple limbs, that one was more scary than funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Got me!!! Glad you were joking wasn't happy to see another limb problem!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I would'nt have been surprised as I have blown two sets of limbs in one month!

In December last year (2010) the top limb on my five month old Firecat blew followed two days later by the limbs on my seven month old Cheetah!!!! Four months later and I am still waitng to have them replaced!!!!!!!! "The fastest and most accurate bows in the world" Yeah I would agree with that, but I think they should add to that "But the most slowest customer service in the world". I'm not the only one to still be waiting I have heard from dozens with the same problem.. If you live in the UK think twice about buying a Martin Bow, because good as they are the aftersales service is crap!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Despite it all..........

Quote Originally Posted by nhac.central View Post
    In December last year (2010) the top limb on my five month old Firecat blew followed two days later by the limbs on my seven month old Cheetah!!!! Four months later and I am still waitng to have them replaced!!!!!!!! "The fastest and most accurate bows in the world" Yeah I would agree with that, but I think they should add to that "But the most slowest customer service in the world". I'm not the only one to still be waiting I have heard from dozens with the same problem.. If you live in the UK think twice about buying a Martin Bow, because good as they are the aftersales service is crap!
    I still love the bows ........when they work that is!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats to bad guys,but martin will take care of it.They are some nice bows though.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nhac.central View Post
    Are you working this warranty thing through a dealer? If so maybe you need to talk him into contacting Martin---again. Maybe the order has fallen through the cracks and Martin needs to be reminded. Normally, if parts are in stock, this is where Martin shines.

This is just an estimate on my part, but it usually takes about 1 week for me to get parts and I live on the east coast of the US. That's with UPS ground service. I would think that another week might be acceptable to get to the UK. It's also possible that Martin already shipped the parts and they got lost in shipment. I've had this happen, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Are you working this warranty thing through a dealer? If so maybe you need to talk him into contacting Martin---again. Maybe the order has fallen through the cracks and Martin needs to be reminded. Normally, if parts are in stock, this is where Martin shines.

This is just an estimate on my part, but it usually takes about 1 week for me to get parts and I live on the east coast of the US. That's with UPS ground service. I would think that another week might be acceptable to get to the UK. It's also possible that Martin already shipped the parts and they got lost in shipment. I've had this happen, too.
    Yes I'm doing the warranty through a dealer (Bowsports) here in the UK. They tell me that they have been emailing and phoning Martin's two or three time a week since December and zilch, nada, nothing!!! They have a number of Martin bows awaiting parts for equally as long. Shame, cos their bows are brilliant but their service is utter pap! I order quite a bit of gear from various companies the US and only have had to wait a fortnight at the most, so it's obviously a Martin shortcoming.