Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default Real or not?

Dial up here, but watched part of it.

Practice, practice, practice.

And then the secret of the trick; The bean or pea thing is how wide? The arrow is how wide? Margin of "helping error" is half the bean or pea plus twice the width of the arrow.

Shooting strings with a pistol was deemed quite the feat, but then string is just thick enough to see, say .015", and a .22 bullet is .224" in diameter. The bullet is some 15 times thicker plus either given the other side of the string is another .224". So .448" of bullet (error aiming) to nail the sucker. And then some trick shots used .45 Colts. Old .45 Colts had larger diameters, .455 to .458" and today's are .452". So lots of room for error. Bob M. regularly cuts a play card in half with his .45s.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think about it, the overall target is about 1 inch I'd guess. (Counting arrow and object width). If it's a 30 yard shot like they say, it looks plenty possible to me. Even if it's smaller than that, think about how many X's target shooters hit. I'd say it's real.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

SonnyThomas

Default Real or not?

Yes, possible. When we are playing around at the shop we take a felt marker and make one dab on a white back ground and shot for it from 20 yards. You'd be surprised how times it gets hit. We have shot at a mark big enough to see from 30 yards - quite a bit harder, but ever so often, whap.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he was lucky when the arrow went inside the other arrow, if that was a continuous footage sequence, the arrow clipped his sight on the way through.

Not saying I'd love to be that accurate to hit all those targets at those distances.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks real enought to me . He is awesome and in Korea, China and Japan they take Archery extremely Serious . Big money sponsors there too.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "
    http://ohiogreatarchers.freeforums.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hit The X View Post
    China and Japan they take Archery extremely Serious . Big money sponsors there too.
    Yep... That is a fact & as Sonny said "Practice, practice, practice." you can do alot if you do the Practice, practice, practice day in an out as he has done.
    re check that video take a look at the form recurve at its best...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

It's real. I can also do it, but i don't want to ......
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows