Thread: building a smoker

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default building a smoker

so im going to be building a new smokehouse with my brother-inlaw.the one's we have at the farm are really old and just dont hold heat like they used to so it time for a new one.we are building it to smoke 30 to 50 pounds of jerky,maybe more.so do you guys have any ideas on smokehouses.i dont know if there are differnt types or styles.have any of you made some custom stuff like this.if you want share some ideas.who knows someone out ther just might have an idea for the best smoke house around.just wanted to get some input from some fellow hunters.i have not built one befor and i dont know if we are going of the old ones.let me know what ya think.and aslso feel free to toss in some jerky methods.im allways looking for a new taste.yum yum

Post Thanks / Like

All i have ever used is old bed frames and metal roofing = done. I have my smoker at my friend's house. i will get some pic's of it next time i go to his house. Tool's needed...A metal chop saw, hand held grinder,Drill and drill bits...for pilot holes,welder,couple hinges....Simple! will get pic's soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    All i have ever used is old bed frames and metal roofing = done. I have my smoker at my friend's house. i will get some pic's of it next time i go to his house. Tool's needed...A metal chop saw, hand held grinder,Drill and drill bits...for pilot holes,welder,couple hinges....Simple! will get pic's soon.
    oh ya...i like pics.i got a feeling this is going to be a fancy smoke house.my brother is a its got to look grat kind of guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    oh ya...i like pics.i got a feeling this is going to be a fancy smoke house.my brother is a its got to look grat kind of guy.
    LOL. I promise nothing fancy. Work's like a charm though. Did i mention i was kinda big? it will hold 500# of meat at once....lol......crazy yeah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    LOL. I promise nothing fancy. Work's like a charm though. Did i mention i was kinda big? it will hold 500# of meat at once....lol......crazy yeah.
    now thats what i call a smoker.dam thats big.you feeding the whole town.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    now thats what i call a smoker.dam thats big.you feeding the whole town.
    LOl. Kinda. I catch alot of pig's. And i used to hate having to do a couple batches just to get the smoking done. So i built a big one to do all the meat at once. As i have said before, i give all my meat away to friend's and family. I can't eat pork and beef anymore The other reason i decided to go big.was once they legalized hunting wild cattle here. The cattle really fills up the freezers quick