Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: building a smoker

Post Thanks / Like

be sure to post Some pics of the new one I am really interested in seeing that . Good luck with your build.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "
    http://ohiogreatarchers.freeforums.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hit The X View Post
    be sure to post Some pics of the new one I am really interested in seeing that . Good luck with your build.
    oh i will.but im not sure when the build will begin.it might be a month befor we start.pics will be posted

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i do have an extra trailer i dont use anymore,thats a fine idea.hmmmmm.take it straight to the hunt and dont waste time..
    possible rental to get some extra cash. Alot of guys use old fuel oil tanks for hog roasts. The local deer processor has 5 of them mounted on trailers and rents them out for parties. Not sure what he gets for them but I think I heard $30-50/day.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    possible rental to get some extra cash. Alot of guys use old fuel oil tanks for hog roasts. The local deer processor has 5 of them mounted on trailers and rents them out for parties. Not sure what he gets for them but I think I heard $30-50/day.
    i dont think my brother is looking to build a roaster.he just wants a new smoker.we have a rotisery and a pig pit.but ya never know the guy is allwas looking to make a buck,even though i will be helping with the build i wont see a dime,but i work for free and everyone knows that.

Post Thanks / Like

old fridge or freezer..work well , know a guy out on the Umqua has done two and they do up salmon like crazy..
    Sort of like the trailer idea but Sence you have the place and its notgoing anywhere I would do the Old school Smoke house..right out of the history books.. log cabin style, outer new school inside stainless sheatmetal, maybe even some sort of blower to help move the warm air around..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    old fridge or freezer..work well , know a guy out on the Umqua has done two and they do up salmon like crazy..
    Sort of like the trailer idea but Sence you have the place and its notgoing anywhere I would do the Old school Smoke house..right out of the history books.. log cabin style, outer new school inside stainless sheatmetal, maybe even some sort of blower to help move the warm air around..
    good to here from ya.and old school is what is set up right now.there probly 80+years old or older.ther just rotting out and time for new one,althou it does have a blower it and probly will stil stick with that.are you still moving or all done?..and thought about the fridge but dont want to tare apart the keg-o-rator

Post Thanks / Like

Not today buddy...all is squared away for Now...
    I would re build .. tare old ones down, and build new on same spot...keep the history thats the wife's family farm right !
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Not today buddy...all is squared away for Now...
    I would re build .. tare old ones down, and build new on same spot...keep the history thats the wife's family farm right !
    that might just happen.there are no real plans yet on whats going to be done.i was just asked if i want to hel build new somker.so i askd when and it was "befor elk and deer seson",i ask ware and are we going to rebuild and it was"i dont know,i just want better smokehouse".so i thought i would see if anyone had ideas so i could toss them at him and get the ball movin.or at least get it to ware i can do some work...i want jerky a.s.a.p...so we will see whats up when i talk to him next and toss out these ideas.the guy works 16 to 18 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week.just a work-aholic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    why can't you eat pork n beef anymore?
    doctor's orders! my cholesterol if way off the charts! And he said if i don't change the thing's i eat ASAP then i will more than likely have a heart attack with in the next ten year's. Heres the best part.....I was only 28 year's old when he told me that So need less to say.....i no longer eat alot of stuff. it's hrad as he** but that's what you get when you don't have the best genes and was raised on pork and beef.....Lucky for me i have an awesome gf, been with her for ten years. And she was right there when the doc told me what he told me......Since then she has done all the special shopping and cooking for me.....Having her around, Theres no way i can cheat myself.........Shes strict to say the least
    Last edited by martinbowhunter; 04-04-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    doctor's orders! my cholesterol if way off the charts! And he said if i don't change the thing's i eat ASAP then i will more than likely have a heart attack with in the next ten year's. Heres the best part.....I was only 28 year's old when he told me that So need less to say.....i no longer eat alot of stuff. it's hrad as he** but that's what you get when you don't have the best genes and was raised on pork and beef.....Lucky for me i have an awesome gf, been with her for ten years. And she was right there when the doc told me what he told me......Since then she has done all the special shopping and cooking for me.....Having her around, Theres no way i can cheat myself.........Shes strict to say the least
    dam.well eat them cheerios i here they do good stuff.well thats what the tv tells me.but really man that sucks.glad your takin care of what ya need to.life is a little better then good meat,well..lol