Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP me !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hit The X View Post
    I need the f4 if i canelongate the dl ? How dose that work ? Its 27 in draw and i can make it bigger from there right ? Lets say 27 In Dl to 31 correct ? I am 5'4 inches tall so I might just ask you for the F3 and go from there. you can send me either the F3 or the
    F4 if that is at all possible. I will pay for shipping if I have to. Let me know. Pm Me I will send you my address

Thanks alot
    The #3 will be 27" and the #4 would be 28"

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Question

How did you determine your draw length?

5'4" with a 27 or 27 1/2" draw length seems a little high doesn't it?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post

kind of thought the same..im 5'11 and 28.5.but maybe he has long arms

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Hit The X, I made a mistake. Archerx7 is right. I gave 2005 specs, not thinking that the Fuzion cam was not made in 2005.
    Check the serial # on your limb sticker, and the first two digits will tell you your bow year.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post

Unless you have ape arms then 27" is pretty long. You could measure your wingspan to get a close approximation of what you shuld be shooting. Wingspan divided by 2.5

For instance, I'm 5'8" tall and have a wingspan that matches;
    68" divided by 2.5= 27.2. For some reason my most accurate draw length comes out to 27 1/8" as measured on my bow. Pretty close if you ask me. It doesn't always work out that close for others and that a good reason to have a bow that is adjustable.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Unless you have ape arms then 27" is pretty long. You could measure your wingspan to get a close approximation of what you shuld be shooting. Wingspan divided by 2.5

For instance, I'm 5'8" tall and have a wingspan that matches;
    68" divided by 2.5= 27.2. For some reason my most accurate draw length comes out to 27 1/8" as measured on my bow. Pretty close if you ask me. It doesn't always work out that close for others and that a good reason to have a bow that is adjustable.
    Let Me reassure you I do not have ape arms . Not in the least. I have checked and rechecked my draw length and that it is what it is . I have done ot the way you explained and the DL comes out short and hard to shoot.

Therre are alot of variables in DL like the length of the release, How you wear that relese, how big your hands are and finger length. Also the final resting point of your draw . ( where it feels good to you ) I was taught to shoot with an old LONG BOW so I use a rear draw and a late anchor point, to get as much power as I could out of the long bow. I have come to realize that using these technics are not for the newer Compound bows. Now but I still use every one of the same things I did whith a long bow so it makes my DL longer

I thank you for your consern and worry. But I assure you I did and am doing thimgs as I know how we are all human and do things differently. I do what works for me . And I am pretty good at it.At my 3D shoots I am pretty much one of the better shooters on the line. Hunting Well lets just say My freezer is not Lacking and never has since i started to hunt at the ripe ole age of 13 Years old.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "
    http://ohiogreatarchers.freeforums.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Sorry Hit The X, I made a mistake. Archerx7 is right. I gave 2005 specs, not thinking that the Fuzion cam was not made in 2005.
    Check the serial # on your limb sticker, and the first two digits will tell you your bow year.

A.S
    NP You put me on the right track and I found it .I appreciate your helpful post.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hit The X View Post
    NP You put me on the right track and I found it .I appreciate your helpful post.
    You're very welcome.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hit the X,

As I said in my last sentence, using any of the various methods of measuring doesn't always work for everybody. We don't have the luxury of seeing you shoot or knowing your or others experience level so this was just a suggestion based on 4 decades of shooting compound bows. There was a time when I shot 28 3/8" draw and maybe I shrunk over the years, but I eventually got down to what fits me, not basedon some measurement but how much more accurate I am now and how steady the bow holds and aims. I have tried to extend back to 27 1/2", which I shot for some years, and find that I can't control the bow worth a hoot and that's only 3/8" longer than what works for me.

As I said, just a suggestion. I am aware that there are lots of variables. If what you are doing works for you then I'm not one to criticize.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Hit the X,

As I said in my last sentence, using any of the various methods of measuring doesn't always work for everybody. We don't have the luxury of seeing you shoot or knowing your or others experience level so this was just a suggestion based on 4 decades of shooting compound bows. There was a time when I shot 28 3/8" draw and maybe I shrunk over the years, but I eventually got down to what fits me, not basedon some measurement but how much more accurate I am now and how steady the bow holds and aims. I have tried to extend back to 27 1/2", which I shot for some years, and find that I can't control the bow worth a hoot and that's only 3/8" longer than what works for me.

As I said, just a suggestion. I am aware that there are lots of variables. If what you are doing works for you then I'm not one to criticize.
    I apologize if i misread or misunderstood your post I am not here to make waves or anythig like that at all.
    Hit The X