Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Costs

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see that the move went well, and that you're recovering!! Good to see you back!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I'd say well, but it did get done. Took forever to get every thing packed, every time I'd move a box, I'd find another 5 to load. Expences over double expected, seemed like that even the weather was ploting against us, starting with 40 mph coastal winds buffeting the vehicles. 5 miles north of Carberville on US 101 the Hwy was closed due a mud slide, resulting a 3 hour detour, and the heavy loads combined to turn an 8-9 hour drive into an all night hell ride. Left old place at 3:30 pm, and got here 9:30 am. Then the storage unit guy wasn't where he said he'd be, so another day of trailer rental while it sat in driveway. But at last now we're done for now, just in time for grandson's spring turkey opener this Saturday.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Not sure if I'd say well, but it did get done. Took forever to get every thing packed, every time I'd move a box, I'd find another 5 to load. Expences over double expected, seemed like that even the weather was ploting against us, starting with 40 mph coastal winds buffeting the vehicles. 5 miles north of Carberville on US 101 the Hwy was closed due a mud slide, resulting a 3 hour detour, and the heavy loads combined to turn an 8-9 hour drive into an all night hell ride. Left old place at 3:30 pm, and got here 9:30 am. Then the storage unit guy wasn't where he said he'd be, so another day of trailer rental while it sat in driveway. But at last now we're done for now, just in time for grandson's spring turkey opener this Saturday.

Haha well at least it got done! The only thing I know about coastal winds is what I get when I ride the Harley on the East coast. It stinks that things weren't what you wanted them to be (never are) but they just had to give you hell one last time! I hope your grandson shoots a big gobbler! Ours starts the 18th, but I don't know if work will allow me to get out. I'll hit the fall though...

Post Thanks / Like

HawgEnvy, seems like you did get ripped off big time. I have had bows shipped to Australia for that price, and once a LONGBOW [dont ask me how cause I dont know] for US $36! USPS is supposed to have a limit of 46'' or so long, so how they did it I dont know. From a distance it seems if they can get it into the system it just goes anyway, so it might be a case of who you know not what.