Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new to the forum not martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to the forum not martin

So i shot my first bow deer with a tiger close to 20 years ago! then a cougar with excel cams(hardly hold on to that one!). A rage from about 1999 that was stolen in 2005. fell into the hype and bought a bowtech off of ebay-which i had to sell a rifle to pay for(glad it wasn't one of my favorites). Been to prolly 15 shops accross the state with that thing and have nothing but problems. the wife finally got sick of my complaining and told me to buy a new bow. plan on some 3-d, I'm very particular when it comes accuracy, but my number 1 objective is killing and grilling
    I plan on going back home (southwest wisconsin) to Archers Pro shop where i can actually believe the bow tech and i know he's been around the block a time or two or two hundred. thats just a rip on Buzzy's age.
    So do I want the onza or the firecat? I like the looks of the firecat better, but i know the longer bow is more forgiving
    b

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    So i shot my first bow deer with a tiger close to 20 years ago! then a cougar with excel cams(hardly hold on to that one!). A rage from about 1999 that was stolen in 2005. fell into the hype and bought a bowtech off of ebay-which i had to sell a rifle to pay for(glad it wasn't one of my favorites). Been to prolly 15 shops accross the state with that thing and have nothing but problems. the wife finally got sick of my complaining and told me to buy a new bow. plan on some 3-d, I'm very particular when it comes accuracy, but my number 1 objective is killing and grilling
    I plan on going back home (southwest wisconsin) to Archers Pro shop where i can actually believe the bow tech and i know he's been around the block a time or two or two hundred. thats just a rip on Buzzy's age.
    So do I want the onza or the firecat? I like the looks of the firecat better, but i know the longer bow is more forgiving
    b
    welcom to the forum.i dont own either but i say firecat for the hunt and onza for the shoot.but really get them in your hands and take some shots.see what one you like more and go with it...other's will be popin in and tosin there 2cents.

Post Thanks / Like

one more thing. I do appreciate the lack of nonsense on this site compared to the other. not so many marketing/consumer whores who need to spend 1500 to be considered cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    welcom to the forum.i dont own either but i say firecat for the hunt and onza for the shoot.but really get them in your hands and take some shots.see what one you like more and go with it...other's will be popin in and tosin there 2cents.
    Do i really need to have 2 separate bows to shoot 3-d with? What makes a beter 3-d vs hunting bow anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club boobowbender ,heard good reviews for both,so I guess it boils down to personel preference.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    Do i really need to have 2 separate bows to shoot 3-d with? What makes a beter 3-d vs hunting bow anyway?
    yep its like SL said it just comes down to what you want to shoot.i say the best 3d or hunting bow is the one you like the most.i love my bengal.i shoot 3d in the woods for fun not for score and i hunt with it too.my bengal is awsome because im good with it.so get a bow in your hand shoot it,if you dont like it then shoot another till you find the bow that fits you.good luck and when you do find your shooter post some pics on here so we can see what ya got....only reson i say onza for shoot and fc for hunt is because this is what i have read and seen reviews on.i have not shot either.

Post Thanks / Like

anything i should be looking for to compare which feels better. shoot both with my eyes closed? how it jumps in my hand during shot?
    Been shooting that b t for so long anything is going to feel good

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the Onza might be a steadier shooter,little more BH and ATA and weight.
    But shoot them and one should feel better in your hands.If not buy both
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I would say the Onza might be a steadier shooter,little more BH and ATA and weight.
    But shoot them and one should feel better in your hands.If not buy both
    I really like your thinking SL. Would you mind having a sit down with my better half? You know, to talk some sense to her. You can be like, well listen, martinbowhunter NEEDS two bow's......lol

Post Thanks / Like

Easy for me to tell you guys to do it,I am done after my FC comes in,2bows in 5 months-she has cut me off
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X