Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with new Firecat

Post Thanks / Like

Question Problem with new Firecat

Well got news my Firecat is in,but the bad news is the Buddy says the limbs are carbon fiber and was suppose to be Skulz.This was suppose to be all Skulz camo,kinda of don't know what to think,been almost 6 weeks and don't really want to send it back,hopefully the carbon won't look too bad.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Well got news my Firecat is in,but the bad news is the Buddy says the limbs are carbon fiber and was suppose to be Skulz.This was suppose to be all Skulz camo,kinda of don't know what to think,been almost 6 weeks and don't really want to send it back,hopefully the carbon won't look too bad.

SL
    That's too bad, but I think it will still look great.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

SL
    It would be hard for me to accept it. Yes, it might look ok but it's not what was ordered and paid for. I'd be on the phone to Joel and demand the QC dept be held accountable. This is a relatively small forum and this is the second bow that made it out the door with the wrong limbs on it.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

i think the carbon looks great. I just don't how it would look with the skullz camo riser? Do you have a pic? You know the "rules" lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    It would be hard for me to accept it. Yes, it might look ok but it's not what was ordered and paid for. I'd be on the phone to Joel and demand the QC dept be held accountable. This is a relatively small forum and this is the second bow that made it out the door with the wrong limbs on it.
    Thats what I don't understand,and I thought the carbon was last year and this year was hunter black color?Is carbon and hunter black the same?
    Last edited by Simple Life; 04-04-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Add
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    i think the carbon looks great. I just don't how it would look with the skullz camo riser? Do you have a pic? You know the "rules" lol
    Don't pick it up till Saturday,gonna be a long week.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pick it up till Saturday,gonna be a long week.
    well that suck's! But the good news is, have your dealer call martin and explain the problem. Then martin can just send the new limb's to your dealer (which he should get in, in about a week from the time he makes the call?) and when he get's the limb's, he can put it on then give you a call to pick up your bow at no extra charge. I had the wrong limb's come in on a bow as well and my dealer got right on the phone and had my new limb's in, in less than a week and also put them on for me, free of charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinbowhunter View Post
    well that suck's! But the good news is, have your dealer call martin and explain the problem. Then martin can just send the new limb's to your dealer (which he should get in, in about a week from the time he makes the call?) and when he get's the limb's, he can put it on then give you a call to pick up your bow at no extra charge. I had the wrong limb's come in on a bow as well and my dealer got right on the phone and had my new limb's in, in less than a week and also put them on for me, free of charge.
    Its kinda of funny,it was a toss between a black or camo bow,and I got both
    Talk to him Saturday and go from there I guess.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I don't understand,and I thought the carbon was last year and this year was hunter black color?Is carbon and hunter black the same?
    last year was supposed be Hunter black, too, but it ended up with the carbon weave finish. It seems they had problems with the vendor doing the powder coating last year so got them dipped instead--carbon fiber being the result.

I really wanted a black bow and before ordering this year I had talked to people at both Rytera and Martin about it and they both said they didn't know which it would be. Obviously it is still the carbon weave. I knew when I ordered the bow it could be either so it's not an issue with me.

My Nemisis is the other bow being referred to about having the wrong limbs. I ordered a black riser and Bonz limbs. I got the carbon weave riser and NEXT camo limbs. Not a real big deal, but still not what was ordered, and considering that at least two people inspect the bows for details prior to shipment I'd say somebody must be blind. I did have a pretty lengthly discussion with Joel about this, not for my sake, but future orders.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Its kinda of funny,it was a toss between a black or camo bow,and I got both
    Talk to him Saturday and go from there I guess.
    Don't leave your camera home!