Thread: Draw length adjustment on cat2 cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw length adjustment on cat2 cams

I have a firecat and I need to change the draw length from 28" to 27". What # do I need to put the screws in to achieve this? Do I need a bowpress to do this? Where do I need to move the draw stop to? Thanks in advance for any help! These are the Cat2 cams.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

someone will be in to help shortly. In the meantime,welcome to the forum. Pics always help us help you.

tell us about yourself,your set-up,and ask anything you need answers to.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Each # is 1/2" so go down 2.
    All you have to do is remove the screws and then put them back in the position you need. Be sure to set both of them the same and put either anti-seize or a drop of fletching glue on the threads.
    Measure exactly and put a mark on each module 1/2" from the end. White-Out or a white paint marker works well.
    The draw stop should be set so when it contacts the limb and stops the draw - the cables come off the modules right on your mark (1/2").
    Once you have that set you need to check to see that both cables are indeed stopping in the exact same place. (Cam Timing)
    If they are not - you will need to twist or untwist one of the cables to get the cams in-time.
    This you can do without a press also but you will have to loosen the limb bolts a turn at a time untill you get enough slack in the cable to take it off the post on the cam and twist/untwist it.
    Just be sure you watch thru the barrel nuts and only back them out till you can see the end of the bolt.
    Last edited by Spiker; 04-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info y'all!! I got it changed. I am giving this bow to my cousin. I just ordered my Onza3 and he is need of a new bow and I don't need 3. I think he will be very suprised!!
    09' Elite GT500 QAD, Doinker, HHA, Poormans bowslings, Harvest Time Archery HT-1
    11' Martin Onza3 on order
    Harvest Time Archery Advisory Staff
    Magnus and Meet Seeker Broadheads