Thread: wanna swap broadheads?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wanna swap broadheads?

just got my new Magnus 2blade 125g(yellow/black 6pk) back from Magnus. I sent my old ones in and got 7 new ones back. I can't get them to fly out of my current rigs. Probably could tune them but since the Muzzy 100gr 3 blades POI is within 1/2" of my field points,it makes more sense to shoot the Muzzy's.

if anyone is interested,let me know. I'd trade 'em for 100gr Muzzy or Wasp 3 blade,Crimson Talon 3 blade or...
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking to swap one broadhead to try other brands, or the whole set?
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to swap them all. I've shot the other 3 brands mentioned and they all fly well for me. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Go figure. I shot Muzzys, and at 40 yards, they were scaring me. Not because they were so accurate, but because they were so INaccurate. Of course, I haven't tried them with my current setup. I bought those Muzzys from Walmart for just over $7, used them, and then sold them on eBay for about $17. Talk about a profit.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it's got me bugged,too. With my past set-ups, Muzzy's were complete crap. I found two 100gr 3 blades that I had years ago. Found them in our house that burned down. Just for kicks I screwed them into my new HT-2s and shot. Same POI out to 25yds, and about 1/2" right at 35yds. The same w the Muzzy knock-offs from Walmart that you were talking about. I was shocked because I've never been able to tune for the Muzzys before, and irritated because I'm NOT a Muzzy fan. But I can't argue with the flight I'm getting.

now the Magnus is the opposite. Good flight w past set-ups,but total crap w my current bows. I guess I just let the bows pick the BH's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Found them in our house that burned down.

I guess I just let the bows pick the BH's?
    That's too bad. Everyone made it out I hope.

I think you're on to something here. No broadhead is "bad", just some don't shoot well with certain setups.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

we weren't home,thankfully. Our septic system backed up,so we were staying w a friend for a couple days(6 kids,no toilet...)our neighbor woke us up @ 5am pounding on our door to tell us. My inlaws were separated @ the time,so we were living in the house and keeping up on the property. We didn't know that they'd let the homeowners insurance expire. Lost everything...except two Muzzys. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad that you lost everything, but at least nobody was in the house.

On a funny note, I guess Muzzys are pretty tough.

Post Thanks / Like

New 6pk of Magnus to trade for used 3 blade. Can post pic of the head and the exit wound on a deer if interested.