Thread: Chrono my bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chrono my bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took my firecat to get a new rest put on it and when that was done,paper tuned it, i noticed the chrono and asked to shoot it through.
    My dl is 29" bow is 60# set back 1-1/4 turn out,arrow is 390grn,chrono 258fps.I was hoping in the high 260 but ill take what i got..........thought's......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    I took my firecat to get a new rest put on it and when that was done,paper tuned it, i noticed the chrono and asked to shoot it through.
    My dl is 29" bow is 60# set back 1-1/4 turn out,arrow is 390grn,chrono 258fps.I was hoping in the high 260 but ill take what i got..........thought's......
    On those stats, IBO would come in around 308 to 310fps. That's about 5 or so fps lower than advertised IBO if you look at the lower end ie 315 to 320. If a bow maker advertises two speeds, always ignore the faster one.

Depending on what you have on the string, I think you're not far off.

Post Thanks / Like

for comparsion only, I got 261 out of my Parker Inferno @ 29", 60#s, carbon express maxima 250s w/100gr fieldpt, launching off a ripcord (total wght is about 353grs). will chrono my pantera soon as weather permits.
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    The bow is set at 60lbs, or is it rated 60lbs and limb bolts are 1 1/4 turn out from full in?

At 60lbs, that sounds roughly 10 fps lower than I would "guess", but if you're actually 56-57lbs, might be about right
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    or is it rated 60lbs and limb bolts are 1 1/4 turn out from full in?
    Yes,it is 1-1/4 turn out,im not sure what poundage was with limbs all the way in but it probably around 57# maybe.shoots great and fast no complaints.
    Reason is my 2007 browning illusion set at 56# shot 264fps through chrono with same arrows,just doing a comparison,everythings good in the neighbor hood.........