Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do different in bow hunting this year?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What will you do different in bow hunting this year?

What will you do different in bow hunting this year? I am going to have more stands this year and a blind. A few more places to move around and not have to stay in the same place.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not much really,i have a honey hole now,i had 8 doe to pick from till my 6 pointer came in last year.Spent lots of time and effort to develope this spot too.
    I have other places on my properties but this one is a sure thing.......

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

since my stands were stolen last season and are not likely going to be available to replace them,im going to hunt from brush blinds and do alot of spot-n-stalk through the swamps,creekbottoms and cornfields. If I do get relacement stands I'm going to wire 220v direct as a theft deterrant and maybe some Rambo style boobie traps to further help matters.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default What will you do different in bow hunting this year?

Add more tree stands and put the wife's tri-pod to work - found a new areas in the pasture deer have been using - Man, saplings tore up and deer trails like a hog wallow. I'll get some pics....

Post Thanks / Like

Put another stand up in a different location.Put something with a roof over my head for rainy days.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Spend more time on stand this year. And, harvest a doe (attempt to); I passed on several last year waiting for those darn antlers. Never got a shot at a mature buck, serves me right.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What am I going to do differently??? how bout just...

HUNT..... as I have not been able to hunt for the last 4 years. I am going to go this year if it kills me, I'd rather it be the deer and turkeys that die instead of me though. LOL Maybe I might try a tree stand this time out or a ground blind. I have never used either. I am a spot and stalker. Always have been I guess always will be.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Spend more time on stand this year. And, harvest a doe (attempt to); I passed on several last year waiting for those darn antlers. Never got a shot at a mature buck, serves me right.
    hey,Bro. You can't eat the rack! I absolutely love shooting big mature does. Ya know. The nosy ones that alert every deer in the woods. I'd rather shoot those than bucks. It's more satisfying for me and a bigger challenge. I've got my share of bone though. My biggest is a 3 1/2yr old 11pt.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    hey,Bro. You can't eat the rack! I absolutely love shooting big mature does. Ya know. The nosy ones that alert every deer in the woods. I'd rather shoot those than bucks. It's more satisfying for me and a bigger challenge. I've got my share of bone though. My biggest is a 3 1/2yr old 11pt.
    getting a doe is harder for you then a buck?man i will trade you..the does will dam near eat out of your hand.it seams like the buck are the hardest to come by around my area.and i too lost about 15 does waiting on that buck last year.this year im getting a doe.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel stupid for passing up the bucks. That's all I usually see. Spikes on up to 12pt. The 11pt was the biggest in range so far but have had bigger that I couldn't call in. It's a real treat to get a bruiser doe in range. Michigan cornfields nestled in oaks intermingled w swamps and creekbottoms. I love it