Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: does anyone hunt @ night?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a $20 coleman from walmart. 90 lumens output,comes w red and blue lenses. I modified it using a pressure switch from an old laser sight I had on my .22cal. Lengthened the wires on the switch and,after drilling a hole in the tail cap,ran one wire to +,and one to - side of battery pak.then put a 5/16x24 bolt through the tailcap. The bracket is a 6" piece of 3/8"x1/8" of flatbar from home depot. The way I've gor it set-up in the pic,it balances beautifully at the shot. I sacrificed a sims S-coil to mount between the light and bracket. It's very quiet and works great.

I've also got a 230 lumen ultrafire that will mount on a picatinny rail to go on my Athens. That one shines bright out to 100+ yards.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Night hunt for coyote during the month of February but I use a gun for that

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be able to hunt at night in Calif but no longer live there, Varmits only, and not during any big game season.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

No hunting 30 minutes after dusk, but have been known to push that alittle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    No hunting 30 minutes after dusk, but have been known to push that alittle.
    what other reason would they make lighted pins? I sit til I can barely see my way out of the woods w/o a flashlight.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

SonnyThomas

Default does anyone hunt @ night?

I use to dear hunt at night. Woke up married and never went night hunting again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I use to dear hunt at night. Woke up married and never went night hunting again.
    Sounds like you filled your tag!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I scored a pretty nice "whitetail" my self doing that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    what other reason would they make lighted pins? I sit til I can barely see my way out of the woods w/o a flashlight.
    You know I bought new batteries for my pin light last season, new flashlight and some other things I won't mention. I try to stay within the law, as long as I don't get caught. lol

Post Thanks / Like

just for the record,im noy doing anything illegal w my bowlight. Strictly for hunting coon/possum at night on my personal property as pest control. Almost got sprayed by a skunk last year,but that's another story. These critters have destroyed storage sheds and other thing. The property was abandoned for a few years by my inlaws. And since the property sits across the rd from a 5K acre state park,it became a safe have for them. Not so safe now!