Thread: Tree stands?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tree stands?

What kind of tree stands do you guys prefer? I have a lone wolf sit climb that I use during bow season because I can move where ever i need to! During gun seasons I use ladderstands because in jersey we can bait soyou don't have to move much!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer aluminum hang-on stands(Gorilla,API)and screw in steps for mobility purposes. Very few of my locations have trees straight enough for a climber. Sometimes I can use ladder sticks but imlimited with then. Screw in steps are not allowed on public land in MI.

for the first 4-5 yrs of bowhunting,i used ladderstands for the extra security(i was scared of heights),but wanted more freedom to move so I sucked it up and started using hang-on's.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i like the two piece climber my self for the portability. if you go with the climber practice with it first learn how to set it up and always remember trees get narrower the higher you go up. there nothing worse then climbing up and have climb down because your cables were to loose. i love my summit viper. light the most comfy thing i have used except my recliner and loads of accs.
    Last edited by usafplumber; 04-09-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    2011 hunter black firecat 360 29/60
    spot hogg real deal
    throphy taker smack down
    simms wimdjammer stab
    scott wild cat

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 climbers, one is an Ol'man 2 pc steel unit, very easy to use and very quiet but its pretty heavy, its only used on private property where I can just leave it attached to the bottom of the tree and don't have to worry about it walking off. The other is an old Warren & Sweat light weight aluminum 2 pc that I use when I find a hot spot and need to get setup quick before it goes cold. I also have a Gorrila hang on with 18' climbing sticks, I haven't used it in probably 2 years, nice comfy stand but I just feel more secure in a climber with the wrap around rail on the seat part.

I also have a pop up blind, used it one time and didn't like the enclosed feeling, so I let dad use it when he started hunting again this past year, dosen't look like I will get it back

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I use a ladder,just feels more stable.Gonna try a hang on this year in a my other spot.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

depends on where i'm hunting. i mostly use an api grand slam climbing stand to both bow and gun hunt. use a ladder stand when i can't find a good tree (i.e. straight, or thick foliage area) to put climber in.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads