Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 firecat grip problem

Post Thanks / Like

im gonna carve up a set of my own inlaids i like the leather on the back but i might go all the way around on it. ive had to glue mine back down a couple times
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeindy View Post
    im gonna carve up a set of my own inlaids i like the leather on the back but i might go all the way around on it. ive had to glue mine back down a couple times
    if you do this, post pics and do an "instructable" on the project. I would very interested in seeing your work and what you come up with. I thought about doing the same,but have zero wood working knowledge.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

i tired them they dont make one for the friecat
    2011 FireCat 400 Tru Glo Super Slam, Carbon Express 8in Stabilizer, limb-saver string silencers.

Post Thanks / Like

The grip on my Silencer seems to slide under pressure durring extended shooting. Not sure if the adhesive is warming from my hand or what, but after havin to reposision it a dozen times or so, I have since permenently bonded it with Gold Tip Tip Grip. No more issues!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

called martin today they said they have no other grip for the bow and have no fix for it im suppose to call back and talk to joel and see if he could come up wth a solution

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    no i havent would really like to get away from the glue on grip and the inserts and have a wood grip put on it the whole leather wrap and glue on inserts looks cheap if you ask me dont feel i should have to it is a brand new bow
    Here's a picture of my bow. Don't know if you can make out the wood grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I like the grip. I'm going to look into getting my cheetah redone before next season. I'm thinkin a wood grip will be my choice.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Here's a picture of my bow. Don't know if you can make out the wood grip.
    I like ur grip and black riser! Nice job. Only problem is that the grip in question is for the new saddleback. So far it doesn't look like there are any other alternatives other than home-brew...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

saddleback? One piece? I don't know as I'd like that. Not if it's anything like a Matthews.