Thread: TRG Cable Routing

Post Thanks / Like

Default TRG Cable Routing

I pulled off my TRG to reserve the center section of my string and want to make sure I have the cables routed correctly. I have the down cable on the outside of the TRG and the up cable on the inside. Is this correct?

Edit: This was to serve the center section of the string. I didn't not serve the cables going thru the TRG.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 07-17-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it looks like that is correct. Just got done looking at pics of my bow and it looks like that is correct.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for verifying it for me. I didn't see any way to screw this up but I wanted to make damn sure it was correct.
    Firecat 400

joelc

Serving your strings that pass through the TRG will cause excess wear (notches) to your TRG resulting in extreme wear to strings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Serving your strings that pass through the TRG will cause excess wear (notches) to your TRG resulting in extreme wear to strings.

hey Joel, what's up!

i have about 2000 shots through my TRG and the cables are served. I really like the non-wear I'm seeing on both the TRG and the cables.

Just FYI

I'm using Mini Halo serving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post

Joel

The cables are not served and the only thing I have done to them is wax them heavily in the area of the TRG.

I had to reserve the center section of my string, I removed the TRG to give me room to do so. My string serving must have been loose and the dloop caused it to pinch and make my nock really tight giving me peep alignment troubles.

Mark
    Firecat 400